Why do I need to pay $2,500 to learn Meditation correctly?

  • Roland
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2005
      A free 10 day Vipassana meditation course( donation) that I recommend for anyone who will make the time..not religious but has words from Buddha..check it out

      Main site:

      Papers on Vipassana:

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
        Dear Eric,
        The best way to learn about meditation is not from books, CD's, or
        even from classes or personal instruction. It is by meditating. Our
        site has dozens of techniques that are $2500 cheaper (free) then the
        TM method. They teach mantra techniques and, in a way, sell you a
        word to say over and over. The mantra which has been well accepted
        for thousands of years and by millions of people as the "best" is OM.
        At this URL you will find an easy to follw "how-to" about OM:
        And if that doesn't suit you well, there are many many more on the
        site in the Archive and Meditation Concepts sections that should be
        more than you'll ever need to experience first hand what people,
        classes, books, etc., can only point to conceptually. And if you have
        any questions, this forum is available for clarification.
        I feel there is no better thing you can do for your Self than
        meditate. I wish you well.
      • �:-)
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 2005

          Dear People,

          how can _you_ DO meditation?
          can my mind order my brain -
          in the notorious stubborn German way:

          ''MEDITATE NOW!''

          Will my mind bow down to my mind's
          order and follow my mind's device:
          ''Yes Master-Mind, always your servant!''

          That means from my experience:
          either meditation happens by grace -
          otherwise mind forces body into some exercises!

          For $2,500, ok, can you expect better results?
          The ones, who have paid this money,
          will they not be convinced to get IT - worth the prize?

          Will these customers enjoy this compassionate elegy?
          Please it's parody - you'll get free of charge
          - except yur precious time to pay attention:

          GoodBye with love, hugs and blessings!

          Everybody needs someone, someone to love.
          Some love their pet, some love their car,
          some love their football-movie-music-star,
          but highest love of all is for my God,
          who else but my Guru represents God?
          Heaven on Earth, what a bliss to bow
          down to the feet of the Awakened Ones!
          Hallejuha, enlightened Kingdom has come!
          My Guru pays attention to my little life
          not worthy to breath same air with HIM!
          My Guru showers on my life tons of love
          my Guru shares HIS blessed air with us!

          Yes, years are passing by more quickly,
          came alone in life, have to leave it alone,
          but meanwhile everybody needs someone,
          someone to love, what a drag: a real man
          is as hard to find like a real woman
          next door and best friends have all
          misunderstood my love completly but:
          Hosiannah, Hallelujah, my Guru has
          mercy, ultimate love and acceptance,
          higly qualified to see through my masks
          lights up my white-light aura with bliss!

          M0RE: SEX, M0NEY & P0WER ! ! !

          With my Gurus touch all pain fades away,
          eternally filled with ecstasy trembling
          one inch below the navel me forcing down
          on my knees, tears in my eyes and the
          heart beats: Bum, Bum, my Guru inside,
          me in my Guru like Russian puppets
          together connected to Eternity,
          Hallelujah, White Light Bliss!

          Help, handle over some napkins,
          just in these tears of happiness
          my pee is running down my legs
          in ultimate relaxation, Hallelujah,
          my Guru has come, come to meee!

          We all know, donations   are not part
          of our Western Culture and not yet
          known in E-Mail-Guru-Groups but,
          when you feel touched, share
          thankfully your bytes.

          For blessings focussed on you personally
          your picture is absolutly necassary.
          Cheques are accepted as well.

          When you join the n0by-list, your reward:
          Watch more than 200 Guru-ESO-Photos!

          Deutsch ist auch willkomm! AMEN

          yours

          n0by

[...]

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2005
            http://www.dhamma.org/

            Vipassana meditation, while based in Buddhism,
            is refreshingly free of ideology and myth. It
            is very effective in terms of bringing changes
            to how we see ourselves and how our minds move
            in the world.
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2005
              Oh yea, that's one of my favorite approaches.

              Though technically not meditation, another approach
              I'm appreciating these days is yoga nidra - deep
              relaxation, or what is also translated as 'yogic
              sleep', a hypnogogic state of mind. I have always
              gravitated towards meditation lying down, but had
              been told this was not advisable: "you'll fall asleep"
              (lol, I thought they were right, because in a sense
              I WAS falling asleep!), "your spine has to be upright",
              etc. Then one day, I stumbled across a name for what
              I had been doing all along by intuitive preference -
              yoga nidra. Well, it's been nice to compare with what
              others are doing. There is plenty of info and even some
              CDs for sale on the web - simply google 'yoga nidra'.

              I've been teaching a couple of 'deep relaxation / yoga
              nidra' classes for a while now. People love it. I love
              leading them. I talk them through several foci/techniques,
              then give them something to focus on internally (such as
              mental alternate nostril breathing, counted) and then
              shut up and let them 'take over'. We usually end class with
              15 or so minutes of seated meditation. People tell me they
              are much more able to sit in meditation after yoga nidra
              and they are amazed by how deeply rested/refreshed they feel.
              It is amazing how such a simple practice can radically reset
              a person physically, mentally and emotionally. Overall, a
              very satisfying way to spend a few hours of my week...

              Nina