Why should we believe in God ?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 8:09 PM
      Q & A on Spiritual Life & Sadhana from "May I Answer That?"- by
      Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

      Why should we believe in God ?
      Belief in God is an indispensable requisite for every human being.
      It is a sine qua non. Owing to the force of Avidya or ignorance,
      pain appears as pleasure. The world is full of miseries, troubles,
      difficulties and tribulations. The world is a ball of fire. The
      Antahkarana (mind, intellect, ego and the subconscious mind)
      charged with Raga (attachment), Dvesha (hatred), anger and
      jealousy is a blazing furnace. We have to free ourselves from
      birth, death, old age, disease and grief. This can be done only by
      faith in God. There is no other way. Money and power cannot give
      us real happiness. Even if we exercise suzerainty over the whole
      world, we cannot be free from care, worry, anxiety, fear,
      disappointment, etc. It is only faith in God and the consequent
      God-realization through meditation that can give us real, eternal
      happiness and free us from all kinds of fear and worries which
      torment us at every moment. Faith in God will force us to think of
      Him constantly and to meditate on Him and will eventually lead us
      on to God-realization.