[Meditation Society of America] Re: Introvert v extrovert meditators

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 27, 2005
      Dear friend,
      Namaskar.
      I do not have such feeling. But be sure inward journey is an
      exploration. Many feelings wiill come and vanish. Only thing is to
      remain steady to achieve ones goal. Thanks.
      regards,
      Jogeshwar.
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jeff wissler
      <wisslewj@y...> wrote:
      > I have 2 questions......
      >
      > 1. how do i post to the forum....or better what is the URL
      there...I used to do it but cant figure it out anymore lol

      > 2. Has anyone ever had this feeling while meditating?
      >
      > Whenever I meditate, I experience a VERY WIERD FEELING. The very
      first time it scared me and in that fear it quickly disappated.
      Since then I have learned to ride it out and it feels kewl and yet I
      dont know what it actually is. Ok, here is the description:

      > After a point of relaxing and getting a centered feeling, I get
      this feeling of falling, or maybe vibrating...i am not really
      sure....if anyone has ever had any blood drawn and almost passed
      out, it kinda like that but without the negative nausious feeling.
      It is like I am falling or slipping from myself in my mind....if
      that makes any sense.

      > I have allowed the feeling to just happen and it is sorta like
      going down a high rollercoaster--that wierd pressure and feeling
      against your body. Anyway, at the end of the feeling...which last
      about 20-45 seconds if I can manage not to "focus" on them, I am
      just normal and relaxed again.

      > What is this? Since I am not leaping out my body or having any
      lucid dreams in meditation or even visuals, I am wondereing whats
      going on. It feels a whole heck of alot more powerful then
      just "getting relaxed".

      > ANY IDEAS PEOPLES?
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
      >
      > --My dear n0by,
      > Namaskar. Thanks for slightly elaborating your
      > message. I have already answered that I have lost a lot. But the
      > losses are not in the sense you think, Details you can get in due
      > course.
      > In Chapter 2 of Madbhagavat Geeta( Sankhya Yoga)
      > detail description of Sthita Prajna (stable minded) is given at
      > length. The summary words are : naika duhkhesu udbighnamana
      sukhesu
      > bigata spruha, that is, maintaining equilibrium both in joy and
      > sorrow. Aproaximating this state of mind is the foundation of Yoga.
      > So question of bargain is out of question. I
      conceive
      > life as a river. It takes out from somewhere and gives elsewhere.
      > There is no one to one correlation. OK? Thanks.
      > Regards,
      > Jogeshwar.
      >
      > ]
      > - In
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
      > > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
      > > >
      > > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
      > > >
      > > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
      > > >

      > > > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify
      > your
      > > > meditative gains?
      > >

      > > Dear n0by,
      > > Namaskar.
      > > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
      > > Thanks.
      > > Regards,
      > > Jogeshwar.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

      > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
      more.