Re: Introvert v extrovert meditators

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Osime"
      <tony.osime@f...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I took a training course last week which included the Myers-Briggs
      > personality type profile. I found that I was strongly introvert -
      > (INTJ). I wondered if this has any relationship to meditation? For
      > instance, would introvert people be more natural meditators since
      they
      > live so much of their lives "within" their minds? Also, would
      different
      > approaches to meditation be more suitable for extrovert or
      introvert
      > types. For example, my liking of inner sounds meditation seems to
      suit
      > my introvert nature.
      >
      > Any thoughts or comments please.
      >
      > ...Tony

      Dear Tony,
      Namaskar.
      By now you have got a good deal of advice. Have you settled your
      mind? Basically I am too an introvert but it has never occured to my
      mind whether or not I shall succeed.From 1959 to 1975 I was a great
      failure. Since 1975 I am progressing.The path is infinite. However,
      in case you need any further advice or you have any query you are
      most welcome.Thanks.
      Regards,
      jogeshwar.
    • n0by
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
        what are loosing since then?

        ........Since 1975 I am progressing................
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
          <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

          > what are loosing since then?
          >

          > ........Since 1975 I am progressing................

          Dear n0by,
          Namskar.
          Since then I have lost a lot. Some losses have corresponding gains.
          Some are only losses. Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you
          please specify your meditative gains? Thanks.
          Regards,
          Jogeshwar.
        • n0by
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 23, 2005
            :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question

            :-( no interest in any kind of bargains

            :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 23, 2005
              <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

              > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
              >
              > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
              >
              > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
              >

              > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify your
              > meditative gains?

              Dear n0by,
              Namaskar.
              So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
              Thanks.
              Regards,
              Jogeshwar.
            • n0by
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 24, 2005
                Deareast Jogeshwar,

                isn't the faszination in e-mails
                the meeting on personal level,
                the simple human being with loss,
                gained with esoteric educations
                - as well as gain in peace after
                the loss of worldly burden :-)

                can you understand from this
                my very simple approach my
                desire to look at people's
                face, whom are donated my
                work words - provokations
                for the strong ones, for
                others will flatteries do :-)

                yours

                n0by

                > Dear n0by,
                > Namaskar.
                > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                > Thanks.
                > Regards,
                > Jogeshwar.
              • jogeshwarmahanta
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 24, 2005
                  --My dear n0by,
                  Namaskar. Thanks for slightly elaborating your
                  message. I have already answered that I have lost a lot. But the
                  losses are not in the sense you think, Details you can get in due
                  course.
                  In Chapter 2 of Madbhagavat Geeta( Sankhya Yoga)
                  detail description of Sthita Prajna (stable minded) is given at
                  length. The summary words are : naika duhkhesu udbighnamana sukhesu
                  bigata spruha, that is, maintaining equilibrium both in joy and
                  sorrow. Aproaximating this state of mind is the foundation of Yoga.
                  So question of bargain is out of question. I conceive
                  life as a river. It takes out from somewhere and gives elsewhere.
                  There is no one to one correlation. OK? Thanks.
                  Regards,
                  Jogeshwar.

                  ]
                  - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                  <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                  > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                  > >
                  > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                  > >
                  > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                  > >

                  > > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify
                  your
                  > > meditative gains?
                  >

                  > Dear n0by,
                  > Namaskar.
                  > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                  > Thanks.
                  > Regards,
                  > Jogeshwar.
                • jeff wissler
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 25, 2005
                    I have 2 questions......

                    1.  how do i post to the forum....or better what is the URL there...I used to do it but cant figure it out anymore lol

                    2.  Has anyone ever had this feeling while meditating?

                    Whenever I meditate, I experience a VERY WIERD FEELING. The very first time it scared me and in that fear it quickly disappated. Since then I have learned to ride it out and it feels kewl and yet I dont know what it actually is. Ok, here is the description:

                    After a point of relaxing and getting a centered feeling, I get this feeling of falling, or maybe vibrating...i am not really sure....if anyone has ever had any blood drawn and almost passed out, it kinda like that but without the negative nausious feeling. It is like I am falling or slipping from myself in my mind....if that makes any sense.

                    I have allowed the feeling to just happen and it is sorta like going down a high rollercoaster--that wierd pressure and feeling against your body. Anyway, at the end of the feeling...which last about 20-45 seconds if I can manage not to "focus" on them, I am just normal and relaxed again.

                    What is this? Since I am not leaping out my body or having any lucid dreams in meditation or even visuals, I am wondereing whats going on. It feels a whole heck of alot more powerful then just "getting relaxed".

                    ANY IDEAS PEOPLES?

                    Jeff

                    <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                    > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                    > >
                    > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                    > >
                    > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                    > >

                    > > Will my losses  help you in gaining? Will you  please specify
                    your
                    > > meditative gains?
                    >

                    > Dear n0by,
                    >          Namaskar.
                    > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                    > Thanks.
                    > Regards,
                    > Jogeshwar.

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 27, 2005
                      Dear friend,
                      Namaskar.
                      I do not have such feeling. But be sure inward journey is an
                      exploration. Many feelings wiill come and vanish. Only thing is to
                      remain steady to achieve ones goal. Thanks.
                      regards,
                      Jogeshwar.
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jeff wissler
                      <wisslewj@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                      > So question of bargain is out of question. I
                      conceive
                      > life as a river. It takes out from somewhere and gives elsewhere.
                      > There is no one to one correlation. OK? Thanks.
                      > Regards,
                      > Jogeshwar.
                      >
                      > ]
                      > - In
                      > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                      > > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                      > > >
                      > > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                      > > >
                      > > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                      > > >

                      > > > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify
                      > your
                      > > > meditative gains?
                      > >

                      > > Dear n0by,
                      > > Namaskar.
                      > > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?

                      Service.

                      > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
                      more.