Help

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2005
      ihave taken an intrest in meditation and i was wondering exactly wat
      to do to be in a meditative state. such as breathing a right way
      along with certain positions. can anyone help?
    • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2005
        Andrew:
        An enlightened swamiji from India, by name Nithyananda Swamigal is visiting US. He is coming to LOS ANGELES on March 15th and he personally conducts weekend meditation retreat by name ASP/ NSP. We have found his technique quite benficial. It is simple, practical and effective. You can see the results yourself. While you are exploring be open, explore and see what suits you. I suggest that you visit his website www.dhyanapeetam.org or write to me for more info, if you are interested.

        Andrew <ace_zero40@...> wrote:

        ihave taken an intrest in meditation and i was wondering exactly wat
        to do to be in a meditative state. such as breathing a right way
        along with certain positions. can anyone help?

      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew"
          <ace_zero40@y...> wrote:

          > ihave taken an intrest in meditation and i was wondering exactly
          wat
          > to do to be in a meditative state. such as breathing a right way
          > along with certain positions. can anyone help?

          Dear Andrew,
          Namaskar.
          It is very nice that you are getting into meditation. Meditation
          means focusing attention on something. That something matters. If
          you are focusing your attention on your enemy then your meditative
          state is sorrowful and if you are focusing your attention on your
          loved one then your meditative state is joyful. Sorrwful and joyful
          states are result of chemical conditions of the body. Imagine, how
          quickly body chemistry alters due to focusing attention on
          something. So when you have taken up meditation I presume that you
          are in search of more and more joyful state of mind.

          For that you will have to set your goal first. One goal is
          dharmamegha samadhi, that is, independence from time and space, a
          state of pure conscience.For a beginner this goal is difficult to
          conceive. So I suggest a subgoal, that is,
          roopalabanyabalabajrasamhanatwani kaya sampat which means beauty,
          gracefulness, strength and toughness are wealths of body. So will
          you please set your goal first? Thanks.
          Regards,
          Jogeshwar.
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2005
            To whom it may concern,

            My name is Adele, my daughter, Lauren,
            born on 11.01.05 (2.47am) was diagnosed with a rare
            defect of her abdominal aorta. Under where her
            ribcage meets, her aorta is really narrow for about 2cm
            (its diameter is only 1/2mm & at her age it should be
            5 to 6mm). The Doctors in Australia have never seen
            anything like it.

            Doctors in Australia diagnosed her at 6 weeks because her
            femoral pulses were not there. She had high blood pressure
            in her upper limbs, an enlarged left ventricle and fluid
            around her heart.

            Although Doctors told us she was basically in cardiac failure
            she displayed absolutely no symptoms and has always been a
            happy baby, healthy looking and developing normally.

            In March 2005, the Doctors inserted a balloon and stent into
            her aorta to widen it and it has been successful but it is
            only temporary until they figure out how they are going to
            solve this problem. Her h! eart function has gone back to
            normal and her blood pressure has come down slightly with
            medication but it is still high for her age.

            The Doctors have also told us that the composition of Lauren's
            aorta is abnormal (she does not have the distinct 3 layers that
            we do, hers are all blurred with some parts of her aorta strong
            and thick and other parts weak).

            In August 2005 the Doctors did tests and now they have
            discovered she has an aneurysm on her aorta where they ballooned
            it open and tissue growth in the same area, which is narrowing
            her aorta again. The area of the narrowing is close to her spine
            and also the supply of blood to her spinal cord, liver and spleen.
            The area also has organs and muscle etc on it.

            The doctors are not sure what to do now and are thinking about it
            whilst her heart function is still not compromised, her
            circulation is good and the aneurysm is of a size they are not
            too concerned about. So they feel they have time on their side.

            Eventually (probably at age 4) the doctors have told us that she
            will need to have open heart surgery as what they have done so
            far is only temporary.

            With that brief history, I was just wanting to know what I can
            do to help my daughter heal so she lives the long, healthy life
            I see her living?

            I have been doing a lot of visualisations and talking to her
            cells telling them they are safe and that it is safe for them
            to let go of the past and letting them soak up golden light and
            watching them regenerate into healthy, happy cells and showing
            them how I want them to be. But I am doubting myself and I am
            scared that I'm not doing enough for her and that it is all up
            to me.

            I have also been asking for help from Archangel Raphael to heal
            her wounds of the past and to heal her.

            What else can I do for her. I really feel in my heart that she
            is okay. I believe that a miracle is happening inside her. I
            understand that she is teaching the Doctors to think outside
            the square which will help others. She is such an amazing
            little girl.

            How else can I help her. Is me doing the visualisation enough
            or does it have to come from her.

            I look forward to your reply.

            With the warmest regards and many thanks,
            Adele :)

            Australia
          • Delia Tofolean
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 15, 2005
              Hi,

              reading tarot cards:

              the present moment is ideal for a healing. The future will be uncertain.
              What are you doing? You are afraid of death. What you should do: treat your child as a normal one.

              The Emerald Tablets of Thoth learn us:

              They that are guided go not astray,
              but they that are lost cannot find a straight path.

              You need a spiritual teacher...not exactly a guru but someone who is very near and you cannot or want not to see...

              Serenity+Harmony= Love+Light