Re: [Meditation Society of America] Introvert v extrovert meditators

  • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 19, 2005
      Tony:
      I see your points and feel at times the same. However at the end of the day intro or extro it is you who need to find the right mix and balance a state of equanimity. Meditation will take you beyond thoughts and mind. As our Swamiji Nithyananda  www.dhyanapeetam.org says, one should try as many techniques as possible , and once you find the technique suitable to you stick with it and practice.  Jai Gurudev

      Sri Nithya Swabav

      Tony Osime <tony.osime@...> wrote:

      -------------------
      It appears to me that it would be wonderful if you stay within yourself
      and not
      think about what would be better for others. If sound meditation is good
      for you,
      then stay with it. Wandering around so many different technics is not
      good for
      advancing. And a good way to stay within is to stay in your Self, not in
      your
      thoughts. Your true nature is that of the Self, not the personality.
      -------------------
      Thanks (mlcanow?) for this very profound comment. What you say makes
      sense - even to my mind! My mind now asks, what is the role of thought?
      How does it relate to the Self?

      ...Tony

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Osime"
        <tony.osime@f...> wrote:
        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I took a training course last week which included the Myers-Briggs
        > personality type profile. I found that I was strongly introvert -
        > (INTJ). I wondered if this has any relationship to meditation? For
        > instance, would introvert people be more natural meditators since
        they
        > live so much of their lives "within" their minds? Also, would
        different
        > approaches to meditation be more suitable for extrovert or
        introvert
        > types. For example, my liking of inner sounds meditation seems to
        suit
        > my introvert nature.
        >
        > Any thoughts or comments please.
        >
        > ...Tony

        Dear Tony,
        Namaskar.
        By now you have got a good deal of advice. Have you settled your
        mind? Basically I am too an introvert but it has never occured to my
        mind whether or not I shall succeed.From 1959 to 1975 I was a great
        failure. Since 1975 I am progressing.The path is infinite. However,
        in case you need any further advice or you have any query you are
        most welcome.Thanks.
        Regards,
        jogeshwar.
      • n0by
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
          what are loosing since then?

          ........Since 1975 I am progressing................
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 22, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
            <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

            > what are loosing since then?
            >

            > ........Since 1975 I am progressing................

            Dear n0by,
            Namskar.
            Since then I have lost a lot. Some losses have corresponding gains.
            Some are only losses. Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you
            please specify your meditative gains? Thanks.
            Regards,
            Jogeshwar.
          • n0by
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 23, 2005
              :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question

              :-( no interest in any kind of bargains

              :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 23, 2005
                <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

                > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                >
                > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                >
                > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                >

                > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify your
                > meditative gains?

                Dear n0by,
                Namaskar.
                So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                Thanks.
                Regards,
                Jogeshwar.
              • n0by
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 24, 2005
                  Deareast Jogeshwar,

                  isn't the faszination in e-mails
                  the meeting on personal level,
                  the simple human being with loss,
                  gained with esoteric educations
                  - as well as gain in peace after
                  the loss of worldly burden :-)

                  can you understand from this
                  my very simple approach my
                  desire to look at people's
                  face, whom are donated my
                  work words - provokations
                  for the strong ones, for
                  others will flatteries do :-)

                  yours

                  n0by

                  > Dear n0by,
                  > Namaskar.
                  > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                  > Thanks.
                  > Regards,
                  > Jogeshwar.
                • jogeshwarmahanta
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 24, 2005
                    --My dear n0by,
                    Namaskar. Thanks for slightly elaborating your
                    message. I have already answered that I have lost a lot. But the
                    losses are not in the sense you think, Details you can get in due
                    course.
                    In Chapter 2 of Madbhagavat Geeta( Sankhya Yoga)
                    detail description of Sthita Prajna (stable minded) is given at
                    length. The summary words are : naika duhkhesu udbighnamana sukhesu
                    bigata spruha, that is, maintaining equilibrium both in joy and
                    sorrow. Aproaximating this state of mind is the foundation of Yoga.
                    So question of bargain is out of question. I conceive
                    life as a river. It takes out from somewhere and gives elsewhere.
                    There is no one to one correlation. OK? Thanks.
                    Regards,
                    Jogeshwar.

                    ]
                    - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                    <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                    > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                    > >
                    > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                    > >
                    > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                    > >

                    > > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify
                    your
                    > > meditative gains?
                    >

                    > Dear n0by,
                    > Namaskar.
                    > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                    > Thanks.
                    > Regards,
                    > Jogeshwar.
                  • jeff wissler
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 25, 2005
                      I have 2 questions......

                      1.  how do i post to the forum....or better what is the URL there...I used to do it but cant figure it out anymore lol

                      2.  Has anyone ever had this feeling while meditating?

                      Whenever I meditate, I experience a VERY WIERD FEELING. The very first time it scared me and in that fear it quickly disappated. Since then I have learned to ride it out and it feels kewl and yet I dont know what it actually is. Ok, here is the description:

                      After a point of relaxing and getting a centered feeling, I get this feeling of falling, or maybe vibrating...i am not really sure....if anyone has ever had any blood drawn and almost passed out, it kinda like that but without the negative nausious feeling. It is like I am falling or slipping from myself in my mind....if that makes any sense.

                      I have allowed the feeling to just happen and it is sorta like going down a high rollercoaster--that wierd pressure and feeling against your body. Anyway, at the end of the feeling...which last about 20-45 seconds if I can manage not to "focus" on them, I am just normal and relaxed again.

                      What is this? Since I am not leaping out my body or having any lucid dreams in meditation or even visuals, I am wondereing whats going on. It feels a whole heck of alot more powerful then just "getting relaxed".

                      ANY IDEAS PEOPLES?

                      Jeff

                      <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                      > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                      > >
                      > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                      > >
                      > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                      > >

                      > > Will my losses  help you in gaining? Will you  please specify
                      your
                      > > meditative gains?
                      >

                      > Dear n0by,
                      >          Namaskar.
                      > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?
                      > Thanks.
                      > Regards,
                      > Jogeshwar.

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 27, 2005
                        Dear friend,
                        Namaskar.
                        I do not have such feeling. But be sure inward journey is an
                        exploration. Many feelings wiill come and vanish. Only thing is to
                        remain steady to achieve ones goal. Thanks.
                        regards,
                        Jogeshwar.
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jeff wissler
                        <wisslewj@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                        > So question of bargain is out of question. I
                        conceive
                        > life as a river. It takes out from somewhere and gives elsewhere.
                        > There is no one to one correlation. OK? Thanks.
                        > Regards,
                        > Jogeshwar.
                        >
                        > ]
                        > - In
                        > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
                        > > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > :-) thanks, sir, thanks for your kind question
                        > > >
                        > > > :-( no interest in any kind of bargains
                        > > >
                        > > > :-( special not in ''spiritual'' ones
                        > > >

                        > > > Will my losses help you in gaining? Will you please specify
                        > your
                        > > > meditative gains?
                        > >

                        > > Dear n0by,
                        > > Namaskar.
                        > > So you had only interest to know my losses and nothing beyond?

                        Service.

                        > Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
                        more.