Re: Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12 8:43 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tangozenhouse"
      <tangozenhouse@y...> wrote:

      > Bob,
      > Thank you for being humorous to make your point.
      >
      > Regarding your reference to the Vice-Presidential debate, it was
      > between Senator Lloyd Bentsen and Vice-President Dan Quayle in 1988.
      > Bntsen said, "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack
      > Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack
      > Kennedy." Again I thank you for going far off your way to make your
      > point.
      >
      > Regarding your reference to "a friend who definitly knows
      > a mindful/Zen state," I think I kinda know who that is. However, I
      > also have friends who I think they shoud know a mindful/Zen state
      > according to their titles. They also have supported my pursuit of Zen
      > through Tango. Here is a review forwarded by a friend of mine, who
      > happens to be a Zen master:
      >
      > "Every lover of tango should read this book! By using the ancient Zen
      > art of mindfulness, Chan Park has developed a unique way of teaching
      > tango. Park's simple yet effective exercises lead directly to the kind
      > of experience all dancers yearn for: to be free, intimate, elegant and
      > unselfconscious on the dance floor. It is the royal road to Tango
      > bliss! This book will give you a tongue-tip taste of Zen and may even
      > serve as a first step on a spiritual path. Tango Zen is illustrated
      > with evocative photos that capture the intimacy and quiet joy of tango
      > embrace, and is laced with inspiring quotes by a wide variety of
      > dancers and spiritual teachers."

      > Zen mindfulness wisdom, your cup or gut seems to be filled already. I
      > have no desire to entertain or argue with your gut feelings.
      > Especially, when my gut feelings tell me that you are afraid of
      > dancing or dancers.
      >
      > Tango Here Now,
      >
      > Chan

      Dear Chan,
      Your condescending attitude is noted, and this is the last
      free ad for your dancing studio that will be posted on this
      group. I can agree that you may have a tongue-tip size taste
      of Zen, as supposedly quantified by a Zen master, but that
      certainly doesn't qualify you to claim any spiritual merit.
      That's just another dance you're doing. And actually that
      isn't very much is it? When you are full of Zen and not just
      dancing around it, come around again. In the mean time,
      I suggest you post on dance related groups. And gut outta here!