Re: Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation

  • tangozenhouse
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2005
      Bob,
      Thank you for being humorous to make your point.

      Regarding your reference to the Vice-Presidential debate, it was
      between Senator Lloyd Bentsen and Vice-President Dan Quayle in 1988.
      Bntsen said, "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack
      Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack
      Kennedy." Again I thank you for going far off your way to make your
      point.

      Regarding your reference to "a friend who definitly knows
      a mindful/Zen state," I think I kinda know who that is. However, I
      also have friends who I think they shoud know a mindful/Zen state
      according to their titles. They also have supported my pursuit of Zen
      through Tango. Here is a review forwarded by a friend of mine, who
      happens to be a Zen master:

      "Every lover of tango should read this book! By using the ancient Zen
      art of mindfulness, Chan Park has developed a unique way of teaching
      tango. Park's simple yet effective exercises lead directly to the kind
      of experience all dancers yearn for: to be free, intimate, elegant and
      unselfconscious on the dance floor. It is the royal road to Tango
      bliss! This book will give you a tongue-tip taste of Zen and may even
      serve as a first step on a spiritual path. Tango Zen is illustrated
      with evocative photos that capture the intimacy and quiet joy of tango
      embrace, and is laced with inspiring quotes by a wide variety of
      dancers and spiritual teachers."

      Zen mindfulness wisdom, your cup or gut seems to be filled already. I
      have no desire to entertain or argue with your gut feelings.
      Especially, when my gut feelings tell me that you are afraid of
      dancing or dancers.

      Tango Here Now,

      Chan

      B--- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2005
        <tangozenhouse@y...> wrote:

        > Bob,
        > Thank you for being humorous to make your point.
        >
        > Regarding your reference to the Vice-Presidential debate, it was
        > between Senator Lloyd Bentsen and Vice-President Dan Quayle in 1988.
        > Bntsen said, "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack
        > Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack
        > Kennedy." Again I thank you for going far off your way to make your
        > point.
        >
        > Regarding your reference to "a friend who definitly knows
        > a mindful/Zen state," I think I kinda know who that is. However, I
        > also have friends who I think they shoud know a mindful/Zen state
        > according to their titles. They also have supported my pursuit of Zen
        > through Tango. Here is a review forwarded by a friend of mine, who
        > happens to be a Zen master:
        >
        > "Every lover of tango should read this book! By using the ancient Zen
        > art of mindfulness, Chan Park has developed a unique way of teaching
        > tango. Park's simple yet effective exercises lead directly to the kind
        > of experience all dancers yearn for: to be free, intimate, elegant and
        > unselfconscious on the dance floor. It is the royal road to Tango
        > bliss! This book will give you a tongue-tip taste of Zen and may even
        > serve as a first step on a spiritual path. Tango Zen is illustrated
        > with evocative photos that capture the intimacy and quiet joy of tango
        > embrace, and is laced with inspiring quotes by a wide variety of
        > dancers and spiritual teachers."

        > Zen mindfulness wisdom, your cup or gut seems to be filled already. I
        > have no desire to entertain or argue with your gut feelings.
        > Especially, when my gut feelings tell me that you are afraid of
        > dancing or dancers.
        >
        > Tango Here Now,
        >
        > Chan

        Dear Chan,
        Your condescending attitude is noted, and this is the last
        free ad for your dancing studio that will be posted on this
        group. I can agree that you may have a tongue-tip size taste
        of Zen, as supposedly quantified by a Zen master, but that
        certainly doesn't qualify you to claim any spiritual merit.
        That's just another dance you're doing. And actually that
        isn't very much is it? When you are full of Zen and not just
        dancing around it, come around again. In the mean time,
        I suggest you post on dance related groups. And gut outta here!