What is God?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2005
      Q & A on Spiritual Life & Sadhana from his book "May I Answer That?"
      by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj.

      Q: What is God

      A: If I give you a good slap on your face, who knows that slap? That
      knower (Vetta), that knowing subject, is God. When a strong desire
      is satisfied or gratified, that blissful state wherein the mind
      finds rest is God. That which sparkles or glitters in your eyes is
      God. That which prompts you to think is God, the Lord of the mind.
      The source (Yoni) or support (Adhishthan) for your mind, Prana,
      senses and body is God.

      The tree exists. It shines. It gives delight. These three aspects,
      existence, shining, delight— Asti-Bhati-Priya or Sat-Chit-Ananda
      is God. God is truth. God is love, God is beauty. God is Ananda.
      God is Light of lights. God is Mind of minds, Prana of Pranas,
      Soul of souls. That shines in your heart and that is inseparable
      from you. Feel His presence always. Recognize His presence always,
      everywhere. Carry His presence when you walk.