Re: [Meditation Society of America] New Divine Life Society web site

  • Dr Shamsul Hoda
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      hi
      thanks
      kindly send me more details
      Dr S Hoda

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Dr Shamsul Hoda
        <doctorhoda@y...> wrote:
        > hi
        > thanks
        > kindly send me more details
        > Dr S Hoda

        Dear Dr Hoda,
        Perhaps like the old saying that you can
        tell a tree's quality by it's fruit, we
        can look at Swami Sivananda's disciples
        and easily see and appreciate the gifts
        that Swami Sivananda has offered humankind:
        http://tinyurl.com/4tzke
        There was no other teacher in the 20th Century
        that came close to the number of enlightened
        masters they aided. And this includes Ramana,
        who was a giant and master of consciousness,
        and who we find now has many so called
        enlightened disciples (although most are
        once or twice removed via Papaji and
        his parrots:-)

        Seriously though, Swami Sivananda was a great
        teacher and role model for many people, and
        whose 350+ books and teachings, as well as those
        of his deceased and living disciples, and their
        disciples, remain a spiritual treasure we can
        all benefit from.

        As far as the websites go, the "old" one:
        http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/home.html
        has many many high quality freely shared spiritual
        books and articles. I recommend reading Swami
        Sivananda and the works of his disciples very highly.
        And even a quick exploration of the knowledge on the
        new site will show that it too is a great resource
        for evolution of consciousness concepts and techniques.
        And finding and sharing these kinds of things is what
        the Meditation Society of America, and this Yahoo group,
        is all about.