Re: [Meditation Society of America] Trina

  • Bob Hart
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
      Hi Trina, i'm glad you had a good experience. Keep practaceing i'll send you a new meditation in a week of so. The whole idea of meditation is simplly to quiet the chatter in the mind. That doesn't sound like much but it is enormus. Namaste Bob Hart
    • Bob Hart
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
        HI Trina, Bob Hart here. I learned how to meditate through books audio tapes and recently in person in a meditation class. There are thousands of types of meditation and most of them are good.  Namaste Bob Hart
      • Bob Hart
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
          Hi Sri Nithy Swabav,I checked out the site you recommended and really liked what it had to say I'll go back when I have more time.  Namaste Bob Hart
        • T.
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
            ???

            I just really want to say Thank You myself to those of you who have
            taken the time to share with me.

            Trina

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sarif mir
            <sarifmir@y...> wrote:
            > Thanks trina
            > sarifmir
            >
            > "T." <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:
            >
            > How did you learn how to meditate?
            >
            > Trina
            >

            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
            > <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
            > >

            > > In true meditation the meditator and the object of meditation are
            > no
            > > longer present.
            > > If there is intention to meditate then this intention, this
            doing,
            > > is coming from a doer. It comes from the concept of
            > separation, "ME".
            > > When meditation happens there is no one to whom it happens, no
            > > happener making it happen.
            > > Such moments cannot be brought about by methods, techniques or
            > > practices as these are all ego based, based upon the idea that
            one
            > > is not already existence itself.
            > > The impulse to meditate arises when the action of seeking is
            > > believed to be coming from a seeker, from "otherness", and this
            in
            > > turn creates something to be sought. Seeking is an activity, NOT
            > an
            > > entity, in consciousness.
            > > That which the seeking arises from is what is being sought. When
            > > this is intuitively understood no deliberate attempt to meditate
            > can
            > > arise as the impulse to do so is no longer present, having been
            > > severed at the root by the realisation that there is only
            Oneness,
> [...]
            > >

            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
            > > <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Okay! I tried what you suggested. First - my mind was of
            > course,
            > > > pretty loud and busy. I'm sure you expected that. I just
            > > listened
            > > > to it and took some "mental notes". Didn't seem really
            chaotic -

            > > > just busy.
            > > >
            > > > Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the
            > first
            > > > time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again
            tonight
            > > and
            > > > although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
            > > > suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to
            > counting.
            > > > I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
            > > > however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8
            > minutes
            > > > had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4. So, that
            > was
            > > > GOOD.
            > > >
            > > > I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle
            > and
            > > > I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!!
            > LOL) -
            > > > so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience. I will
            > > > continue to use this method and keep you updated.
            > > >
            > > > Looking forward to my next lesson! *wink* and THANK YOU for
            > taking
            > > > the time with me - to teach me. I really appreciate you!
            > > >
            > > > Trina
            > > >
            > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
            > > > goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe,
            > eyes
            > > > closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what
            > did
            > > > you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on
            in
            > > > your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
            > > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
            > untill
            > > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices
            this
            > > one
            > > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
            > > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
            > > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for
            all
            > > the
            > > > chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of
            > one
            > > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
            > chatter
            > > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you
            are
            > > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
            > > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

            Service.

          • T.
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
              *snappy salute*

              You got it, chief!

              Thanks AGAIN!! A chatter-free mind sounds like a GREAT start to me!!

              <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:

              > Hi Trina, i'm glad you had a good experience. Keep practaceing i'll
              send you a new meditation in a week of so. The whole idea of
              meditation is simplly to quiet the chatter in the mind. That doesn't
              sound like much but it is enormus. Namaste Bob Hart
            • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                jai Gurudev
                Kamalakar

                ???

                <sarifmir@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                > untill
                > > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices
                this
                > > one
                > > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
                > > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
                > > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for
                all
                > > the
                > > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
                > one
                > > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
                > chatter
                > > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you
                are
                > > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
                > > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

                Service.

                >  Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

              • Bob Hart
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 28, 2005
                    Namaste Jai.  Meditation is easy . It does take a lot ot practice through. I like what you have written. Bob Hart
                  If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                  jai Gurudev
                  Kamalakar

                • �:-)
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 31, 2005

                    Without the willingness to pass the
                    most difficult situations, I would have
                    never learned anything - therefore
                    you read nothing but stories and
                    have the chance to join a gathering,
                    without any support for your expectations.

                    The core of all ''learning'' is the destruction
                    of expectations. By this you recognize
                    a true from a false teacher: a false teacher
                    feeds your expectations with flatteries,
                    promises, lies - a true teacher creates
                    nothing but frustrations - either you learn
                    - or you escape in any sorts of fantasies.

                    Now - if you read this example - it's up
                    to you to decide: ''are these fantasies
                    or a description of living reality?''

                    Lermoos, Ehrwald, Biberwier

                    click thumbnail to start the show

                    Saturday morning 5.00 a.m.. Munich, 10 degrees below zero. 10 Celsius degrees minus.. The cover from the car's chimney is frozen. One hour runs the engine in our street, in front of our house, to warm up the room, to free the ice and snow from the windows. With a broom I push the snow from the roof. After one and half hour the car is ready for the road.

                    In Garmisch Partenkirchen the first sun baptizes the ''Kramer-Spitze'' in white golden light.

                    The first villages in Austria, Ehrwald, Leermoos are even colder: 14 degrees Celsius below zero. It's hard to drive. The parking places are fully frozen, everywhere ice and snow. With the ESP (electronic stability program) in the front-wheel drive the car runs marvellous.

                    Bus loads of young people enjoy this ski week ends. Around 30 big busses bring the adventurous youngsters with snow boards and skies.

                    Therefore many people line up in front of three cashpoints. I have to wait nearly an hour. Then at 11.00 a.m. I get my ticket for 28 Euro, 3 Euro less than the full day ticket. From 9.00 a.m. till 4.00 p.m. many different mountain elevators pump the sportsmen on the top.

                    Skiing is hard work. At noon I have to rest in the car and cook tea. To do this, I have to put off the ski shoes.. In the living area of my motor home I move without shoes. To take of f and later on again the ski shoes is hard work too. It's hard to walk in heavy ski shoes. It's even hard find out under four trousers with two shirts, sweater, woollen jacket the machin to pee.

                    My job in Munich is easy to do. Four days only I will work in the future. So my week ends are three days long. These week end bring new lust for life.

                    When I stay too long at home and in the job with reduced energy there is danger, to fall in depressive mood. Mind starts to doubt all and everything. Hurting questions are hunting me: ''For what all these efforts? Now, when my child earns money for herself, can't I let fall me deeper and deeper, until I'm down and out? Out of the rat race for money, reputation, a little bit of luxury? Can't I sell both my cars? Is it not enough, to sit at home and watch the day go by?''

                    On top of the hill, finally in 2040 Meters above sea level, the beauty of these mountains is not to describe! Sun warms the body. Clouds in the valley mirror the white sun with blending rays. White snow crystals flow through the air like diamond needles. Each shining snow needle dances in an abundance of light.

                    On the top of the hill I feel again, for what I'm still fighting for. My beard is full of ice. The ice wind hinders to drive down to the valley. The only time I drive the long way down, I rest in the car, cook water, prepare tea and sip the hot brew slowly.

                    Back in the sun above the clouds in the valley the body tanks warmth. After all I have to drive down. In Ehrwald a sauna bath heats up my body, afterwards a hot soup in the car does the same. The night can come. 10.00 p.m,. running engine and gas oven together warm up the car inside to 20 degrees. 12 degrees minus outside. Bed time.

                    Sunday, 5.a.m.: the yellow half moon shines with cold light into the windows. 18 degrees below Zero outside, eight degrees plus inside. The ventilator of the gas oven I switch on to the second gear. With this I start the engine too. Tea for breakfast and around an hour full heating the temperature inside climbs up to 14 degrees plus.

                    This cold Sunday I drive to the next little village: Biberwier. The same mountain I climbed up end of August last year. Today I only buy a half day ticket - till 1.00 p.m. My bones are getting older: on Valentine's day, two weeks from now, I celebrate my 57 birthday.

                    A ready made Chinese soup, coffee and cake give me the energy, to drive home. The traffic jam towards Munich is not yet thick. When I come home and park the car in front of our home, Mimamai comes home on her bike too. She learns this week end for her job: ''how to save life?''

                    I admire her discipline. So thankful I feel for all her love. In time of pain, in the dentist chair or in the ice cold chair, bringing me up in the freezing mountain morning, I hypnotize myself with a most consoling imagination: "We lay in bed. She warms my belly with her back."

                    wrote:

                    How did you learn how to meditate?

                    Trina

                    Do you Yahoo!?