Re: [Meditation Society of America] Trina

  • T.
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
      How did you learn how to meditate?

      Trina

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
      <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

      > In true meditation the meditator and the object of meditation are
      no
      > longer present.
      > If there is intention to meditate then this intention, this doing,
      > is coming from a doer. It comes from the concept of
      separation, "ME".
      > When meditation happens there is no one to whom it happens, no
      > happener making it happen.
      > Such moments cannot be brought about by methods, techniques or
      > practices as these are all ego based, based upon the idea that one
      > is not already existence itself.
      > The impulse to meditate arises when the action of seeking is
      > believed to be coming from a seeker, from "otherness", and this in
      > turn creates something to be sought. Seeking is an activity, NOT
      an
      > entity, in consciousness.
      > That which the seeking arises from is what is being sought. When
      > this is intuitively understood no deliberate attempt to meditate
      can
      > arise as the impulse to do so is no longer present, having been
      > severed at the root by the realisation that there is only Oneness,
      > that one is already what was being sought.
      > This is true meditation, there is no longer a meditator, simply
      > meditation happening.
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
      > <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Okay! I tried what you suggested. First - my mind was of
      course,
      > > pretty loud and busy. I'm sure you expected that. I just
      > listened
      > > to it and took some "mental notes". Didn't seem really chaotic -

      > > just busy.
      > >
      > > Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the
      first
      > > time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again tonight
      > and
      > > although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
      > > suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to
      counting.
      > > I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
      > > however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8
      minutes
      > > had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4. So, that
      was
      > > GOOD.
      > >
      > > I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle
      and
      > > I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!!
      LOL) -
      > > so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience. I will
      > > continue to use this method and keep you updated.
      > >
      > > Looking forward to my next lesson! *wink* and THANK YOU for
      taking
      > > the time with me - to teach me. I really appreciate you!
      > >
      > > Trina
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
      > > <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what
      > > goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe,
      eyes
      > > closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what
      did
      > > you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in
      > > your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
      > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
      untill
      > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
      > one
      > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
      > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
      > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
      > the
      > > chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of
      one
      > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
      chatter
      > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
      > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
      > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get
      back
      > > with me please.
      > > > Thanks Trina.
      > > > Namaste Bob Hart
    • sarif mir
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
        Thanks trina
        sarifmir

        <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

> [...]

        > > your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
        > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
        untill
        > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
        > one
        > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
        > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
        > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
        > the
        > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
        one
        > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
        chatter
        > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
        > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
        > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
          Hai:
          I am a silent member of this group and reading and enjoying the info posted. Meditation is the key regardless of what method and who taught it. Just as two human beings are not the same, every person has unique awareness and the inert energy within us can come to the surface with meditation. I can suggest for those interested to visit www.dhyanapeetam.org and watch the enlightened master swami Nithyananda, a young 28 year old from Bangalore. He has given us only half hour meditation per day easily done by anybody. Infact he has trained acharyas last year who are now conducting life bliss program all over US, which cleanses and energises our 7 major chakras or centers. If anybody is interested further, please write to me. I am in Los Angeles.

          Sri Nithya Swabav

          <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

> [...]

          > > your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
          > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
          untill
          > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
          > one
          > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
          > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
          > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
          > the
          > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
          one
          > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
          chatter
          > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
          > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
          > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

        • Bob Hart
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
            Hi Trina, i'm glad you had a good experience. Keep practaceing i'll send you a new meditation in a week of so. The whole idea of meditation is simplly to quiet the chatter in the mind. That doesn't sound like much but it is enormus. Namaste Bob Hart
          • Bob Hart
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
              HI Trina, Bob Hart here. I learned how to meditate through books audio tapes and recently in person in a meditation class. There are thousands of types of meditation and most of them are good.  Namaste Bob Hart
            • Bob Hart
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                Hi Sri Nithy Swabav,I checked out the site you recommended and really liked what it had to say I'll go back when I have more time.  Namaste Bob Hart
              • T.
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                  ???

                  I just really want to say Thank You myself to those of you who have
                  taken the time to share with me.

                  Trina

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sarif mir

                  Service.

                • T.
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                    *snappy salute*

                    You got it, chief!

                    Thanks AGAIN!! A chatter-free mind sounds like a GREAT start to me!!

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                      If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                      jai Gurudev
                      Kamalakar

                      ???

                      <sarifmir@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                      > untill
                      > > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices
                      this
                      > > one
                      > > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
                      > > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
                      > > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for
                      all
                      > > the
                      > > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
                      > one
                      > > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
                      > chatter
                      > > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you
                      are
                      > > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
                      > > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

                      Service.

                      >  Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

                    • Bob Hart
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 28, 2005
                          Namaste Jai.  Meditation is easy . It does take a lot ot practice through. I like what you have written. Bob Hart
                        If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                        jai Gurudev
                        Kamalakar

                      • �:-)
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 31, 2005

                          Without the willingness to pass the
                          most difficult situations, I would have
                          never learned anything - therefore
                          you read nothing but stories and
                          have the chance to join a gathering,
                          without any support for your expectations.

                          The core of all ''learning'' is the destruction
                          of expectations. By this you recognize
                          a true from a false teacher: a false teacher
                          feeds your expectations with flatteries,
                          promises, lies - a true teacher creates
                          nothing but frustrations - either you learn
                          - or you escape in any sorts of fantasies.

                          Now - if you read this example - it's up
                          to you to decide: ''are these fantasies
                          or a description of living reality?''

                          Lermoos, Ehrwald, Biberwier

                          click thumbnail to start the show

                          Saturday morning 5.00 a.m.. Munich, 10 degrees below zero. 10 Celsius degrees minus.. The cover from the car's chimney is frozen. One hour runs the engine in our street, in front of our house, to warm up the room, to free the ice and snow from the windows. With a broom I push the snow from the roof. After one and half hour the car is ready for the road.

                          In Garmisch Partenkirchen the first sun baptizes the ''Kramer-Spitze'' in white golden light.

                          The first villages in Austria, Ehrwald, Leermoos are even colder: 14 degrees Celsius below zero. It's hard to drive. The parking places are fully frozen, everywhere ice and snow. With the ESP (electronic stability program) in the front-wheel drive the car runs marvellous.

                          Bus loads of young people enjoy this ski week ends. Around 30 big busses bring the adventurous youngsters with snow boards and skies.

                          Therefore many people line up in front of three cashpoints. I have to wait nearly an hour. Then at 11.00 a.m. I get my ticket for 28 Euro, 3 Euro less than the full day ticket. From 9.00 a.m. till 4.00 p.m. many different mountain elevators pump the sportsmen on the top.

                          Skiing is hard work. At noon I have to rest in the car and cook tea. To do this, I have to put off the ski shoes.. In the living area of my motor home I move without shoes. To take of f and later on again the ski shoes is hard work too. It's hard to walk in heavy ski shoes. It's even hard find out under four trousers with two shirts, sweater, woollen jacket the machin to pee.

                          My job in Munich is easy to do. Four days only I will work in the future. So my week ends are three days long. These week end bring new lust for life.

                          When I stay too long at home and in the job with reduced energy there is danger, to fall in depressive mood. Mind starts to doubt all and everything. Hurting questions are hunting me: ''For what all these efforts? Now, when my child earns money for herself, can't I let fall me deeper and deeper, until I'm down and out? Out of the rat race for money, reputation, a little bit of luxury? Can't I sell both my cars? Is it not enough, to sit at home and watch the day go by?''

                          On top of the hill, finally in 2040 Meters above sea level, the beauty of these mountains is not to describe! Sun warms the body. Clouds in the valley mirror the white sun with blending rays. White snow crystals flow through the air like diamond needles. Each shining snow needle dances in an abundance of light.

                          On the top of the hill I feel again, for what I'm still fighting for. My beard is full of ice. The ice wind hinders to drive down to the valley. The only time I drive the long way down, I rest in the car, cook water, prepare tea and sip the hot brew slowly.

                          Back in the sun above the clouds in the valley the body tanks warmth. After all I have to drive down. In Ehrwald a sauna bath heats up my body, afterwards a hot soup in the car does the same. The night can come. 10.00 p.m,. running engine and gas oven together warm up the car inside to 20 degrees. 12 degrees minus outside. Bed time.

                          Sunday, 5.a.m.: the yellow half moon shines with cold light into the windows. 18 degrees below Zero outside, eight degrees plus inside. The ventilator of the gas oven I switch on to the second gear. With this I start the engine too. Tea for breakfast and around an hour full heating the temperature inside climbs up to 14 degrees plus.

                          This cold Sunday I drive to the next little village: Biberwier. The same mountain I climbed up end of August last year. Today I only buy a half day ticket - till 1.00 p.m. My bones are getting older: on Valentine's day, two weeks from now, I celebrate my 57 birthday.

                          A ready made Chinese soup, coffee and cake give me the energy, to drive home. The traffic jam towards Munich is not yet thick. When I come home and park the car in front of our home, Mimamai comes home on her bike too. She learns this week end for her job: ''how to save life?''

                          I admire her discipline. So thankful I feel for all her love. In time of pain, in the dentist chair or in the ice cold chair, bringing me up in the freezing mountain morning, I hypnotize myself with a most consoling imagination: "We lay in bed. She warms my belly with her back."