Many Paths, One Truth

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      The newest member of this group cited
      as why they were joining, their desire to
      know of different meditation techniques
      than the Buddhist ones they are already
      familiar with. Well, even though I'm personally
      guilty of currently telling jokes and talking
      about football more than meditation,
      I do want to say that this group does
      offer more direct discussion of concepts
      and different techniques than any other
      that I am aware of. If you go through our
      past 13,000+ posts, you will find a
      tremendous quantity of quality meditation
      knowledge. And if you are looking for
      specific "how-to" methods, all you have
      to do is to check out our web site,
      Meditation Station
      http://www.meditationsociety.com
      and you will find dozens of methods
      laid out, as well as many articles that
      deal well with "getting it" in general.
      And as was just demonstrated nicely recently
      by the interaction of Bob Hart and Trina,
      all you have to do is ask, and what you
      need to know will tend to come to you.
      So, I hope, and am confident, that everyone
      will continue to have the potential to benefit
      from our little efforts to share meditation
      and consciousness evolving pointers from many
      traditions without any cult or religious
      or materialistic obligations involved.
      Thank you to all who make this a viable
      instrument of wisdom sharing.