Re: [Meditation Society of America] Trina

  • Bob Hart
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe, eyes closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what did you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count untill you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this one just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all the chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of one think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind chatter should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get back with me please. Thanks Trina.
      Namaste Bob Hart
    • T.
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 25, 2005
        Okay! I tried what you suggested. First - my mind was of course,
        pretty loud and busy. I'm sure you expected that. I just listened
        to it and took some "mental notes". Didn't seem really chaotic -
        just busy.

        Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the first
        time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again tonight and
        although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
        suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to counting.
        I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
        however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8 minutes
        had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4. So, that was
        GOOD.

        I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle and
        I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!! LOL) -
        so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience. I will
        continue to use this method and keep you updated.

        Looking forward to my next lesson! *wink* and THANK YOU for taking
        the time with me - to teach me. I really appreciate you!

        Trina

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
        <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what
        goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe, eyes
        closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what did
        you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in
        your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
        practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count untill
        you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this one
        just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
        breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
        happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all the
        chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of one
        think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind chatter
        should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
        just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
        thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get back
        with me please.
        > Thanks Trina.
        > Namaste Bob Hart
      • n0by
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 26, 2005
          In true meditation the meditator and the object of meditation are no
          longer present.
          If there is intention to meditate then this intention, this doing,
          is coming from a doer. It comes from the concept of separation, "ME".
          When meditation happens there is no one to whom it happens, no
          happener making it happen.
          Such moments cannot be brought about by methods, techniques or
          practices as these are all ego based, based upon the idea that one
          is not already existence itself.
          The impulse to meditate arises when the action of seeking is
          believed to be coming from a seeker, from "otherness", and this in
          turn creates something to be sought. Seeking is an activity, NOT an
          entity, in consciousness.
          That which the seeking arises from is what is being sought. When
          this is intuitively understood no deliberate attempt to meditate can
          arise as the impulse to do so is no longer present, having been
          severed at the root by the realisation that there is only Oneness,
          that one is already what was being sought.
          This is true meditation, there is no longer a meditator, simply
          meditation happening.

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
          <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:

          > Okay! I tried what you suggested. First - my mind was of course,
          > pretty loud and busy. I'm sure you expected that. I just
          listened
          > to it and took some "mental notes". Didn't seem really chaotic -
          > just busy.
          >
          > Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the first
          > time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again tonight
          and
          > although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
          > suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to counting.
          > I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
          > however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8 minutes
          > had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4. So, that was
          > GOOD.
          >
          > I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle and
          > I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!! LOL) -
          > so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience. I will
          > continue to use this method and keep you updated.
          >
          > Looking forward to my next lesson! *wink* and THANK YOU for taking
          > the time with me - to teach me. I really appreciate you!
          >
          > Trina
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
          > <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what
          > goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe, eyes
          > closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what did
          > you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in
          > your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
          > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count untill
          > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
          one
          > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
          > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
          > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
          the
          > chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of one
          > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind chatter
          > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
          > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
          > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get back
          > with me please.
          > > Thanks Trina.
          > > Namaste Bob Hart
        • T.
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
            How did you learn how to meditate?

            Trina

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
            <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

> [...]

            > > your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
            > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
            untill
            > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
            > one
            > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
            > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
            > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
            > the
            > > chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of
            one
            > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
            chatter
            > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
            > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
            > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get
          • sarif mir
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
              Thanks trina
              sarifmir

              <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

> [...]

              > > your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
              > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
              untill
              > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
              > one
              > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
              > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
              > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
              > the
              > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
              one
              > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
              chatter
              > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
              > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
              > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                Hai:
                I am a silent member of this group and reading and enjoying the info posted. Meditation is the key regardless of what method and who taught it. Just as two human beings are not the same, every person has unique awareness and the inert energy within us can come to the surface with meditation. I can suggest for those interested to visit www.dhyanapeetam.org and watch the enlightened master swami Nithyananda, a young 28 year old from Bangalore. He has given us only half hour meditation per day easily done by anybody. Infact he has trained acharyas last year who are now conducting life bliss program all over US, which cleanses and energises our 7 major chakras or centers. If anybody is interested further, please write to me. I am in Los Angeles.

                Sri Nithya Swabav

                <n0by4you@y...> wrote:

> [...]

                > > your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
                > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
                untill
                > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
                > one
                > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
                > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
                > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
                > the
                > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
                one
                > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
                chatter
                > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
                > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
                > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

              • Bob Hart
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                  Hi Trina, i'm glad you had a good experience. Keep practaceing i'll send you a new meditation in a week of so. The whole idea of meditation is simplly to quiet the chatter in the mind. That doesn't sound like much but it is enormus. Namaste Bob Hart
                • Bob Hart
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                    HI Trina, Bob Hart here. I learned how to meditate through books audio tapes and recently in person in a meditation class. There are thousands of types of meditation and most of them are good.  Namaste Bob Hart
                  • Bob Hart
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                      Hi Sri Nithy Swabav,I checked out the site you recommended and really liked what it had to say I'll go back when I have more time.  Namaste Bob Hart
                    • T.
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                        ???

                        I just really want to say Thank You myself to those of you who have
                        taken the time to share with me.

                        Trina

                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sarif mir

                        Service.

                      • T.
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                          *snappy salute*

                          You got it, chief!

                          Thanks AGAIN!! A chatter-free mind sounds like a GREAT start to me!!

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 27, 2005
                            If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                            jai Gurudev
                            Kamalakar

                            ???

                            <sarifmir@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                            > untill
                            > > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices
                            this
                            > > one
                            > > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
                            > > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
                            > > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for
                            all
                            > > the
                            > > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
                            > one
                            > > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
                            > chatter
                            > > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you
                            are
                            > > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
                            > > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get

                            Service.

                            >  Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

                          • Bob Hart
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 28, 2005
                                Namaste Jai.  Meditation is easy . It does take a lot ot practice through. I like what you have written. Bob Hart
                              If stopping hte inner chattering is so easy then meditation should be a piece of cake. In order to stop inner mental chattering, one meditation technique is to meditate with a mahamantra CD. This CD has 20 minutes of humming with eyes closed and the eyeballs must be made not to move by exerting presuure on it from inside. As you hum deeply and loudly you will generate a feeling of being hollow like banboo and this sound pervades you and inner chattering will stop. After 20 minutees you can then be silent and focus on your heart center ( Anahata chakra) and the music will stop after 10 minutes. This meditation technique from Swami Nithyanada is so powerful that it will transform the being.

                              jai Gurudev
                              Kamalakar

                            • �:-)
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 31, 2005

                                Without the willingness to pass the
                                most difficult situations, I would have
                                never learned anything - therefore
                                you read nothing but stories and
                                have the chance to join a gathering,
                                without any support for your expectations.

                                The core of all ''learning'' is the destruction
                                of expectations. By this you recognize
                                a true from a false teacher: a false teacher
                                feeds your expectations with flatteries,
                                promises, lies - a true teacher creates
                                nothing but frustrations - either you learn
                                - or you escape in any sorts of fantasies.

                                Now - if you read this example - it's up
                                to you to decide: ''are these fantasies
                                or a description of living reality?''

                                Lermoos, Ehrwald, Biberwier

                                click thumbnail to start the show

                                Saturday morning 5.00 a.m.. Munich, 10 degrees below zero. 10 Celsius degrees minus.. The cover from the car's chimney is frozen. One hour runs the engine in our street, in front of our house, to warm up the room, to free the ice and snow from the windows. With a broom I push the snow from the roof. After one and half hour the car is ready for the road.

                                In Garmisch Partenkirchen the first sun baptizes the ''Kramer-Spitze'' in white golden light.

                                The first villages in Austria, Ehrwald, Leermoos are even colder: 14 degrees Celsius below zero. It's hard to drive. The parking places are fully frozen, everywhere ice and snow. With the ESP (electronic stability program) in the front-wheel drive the car runs marvellous.

                                Bus loads of young people enjoy this ski week ends. Around 30 big busses bring the adventurous youngsters with snow boards and skies.

                                Therefore many people line up in front of three cashpoints. I have to wait nearly an hour. Then at 11.00 a.m. I get my ticket for 28 Euro, 3 Euro less than the full day ticket. From 9.00 a.m. till 4.00 p.m. many different mountain elevators pump the sportsmen on the top.

                                Skiing is hard work. At noon I have to rest in the car and cook tea. To do this, I have to put off the ski shoes.. In the living area of my motor home I move without shoes. To take of f and later on again the ski shoes is hard work too. It's hard to walk in heavy ski shoes. It's even hard find out under four trousers with two shirts, sweater, woollen jacket the machin to pee.

                                My job in Munich is easy to do. Four days only I will work in the future. So my week ends are three days long. These week end bring new lust for life.

                                When I stay too long at home and in the job with reduced energy there is danger, to fall in depressive mood. Mind starts to doubt all and everything. Hurting questions are hunting me: ''For what all these efforts? Now, when my child earns money for herself, can't I let fall me deeper and deeper, until I'm down and out? Out of the rat race for money, reputation, a little bit of luxury? Can't I sell both my cars? Is it not enough, to sit at home and watch the day go by?''

                                On top of the hill, finally in 2040 Meters above sea level, the beauty of these mountains is not to describe! Sun warms the body. Clouds in the valley mirror the white sun with blending rays. White snow crystals flow through the air like diamond needles. Each shining snow needle dances in an abundance of light.

                                On the top of the hill I feel again, for what I'm still fighting for. My beard is full of ice. The ice wind hinders to drive down to the valley. The only time I drive the long way down, I rest in the car, cook water, prepare tea and sip the hot brew slowly.

                                Back in the sun above the clouds in the valley the body tanks warmth. After all I have to drive down. In Ehrwald a sauna bath heats up my body, afterwards a hot soup in the car does the same. The night can come. 10.00 p.m,. running engine and gas oven together warm up the car inside to 20 degrees. 12 degrees minus outside. Bed time.

                                Sunday, 5.a.m.: the yellow half moon shines with cold light into the windows. 18 degrees below Zero outside, eight degrees plus inside. The ventilator of the gas oven I switch on to the second gear. With this I start the engine too. Tea for breakfast and around an hour full heating the temperature inside climbs up to 14 degrees plus.

                                This cold Sunday I drive to the next little village: Biberwier. The same mountain I climbed up end of August last year. Today I only buy a half day ticket - till 1.00 p.m. My bones are getting older: on Valentine's day, two weeks from now, I celebrate my 57 birthday.

                                A ready made Chinese soup, coffee and cake give me the energy, to drive home. The traffic jam towards Munich is not yet thick. When I come home and park the car in front of our home, Mimamai comes home on her bike too. She learns this week end for her job: ''how to save life?''

                                I admire her discipline. So thankful I feel for all her love. In time of pain, in the dentist chair or in the ice cold chair, bringing me up in the freezing mountain morning, I hypnotize myself with a most consoling imagination: "We lay in bed. She warms my belly with her back."