Re: A little help on astral travel

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Ganesh Kumar
      <the_indian_dragon@y...> wrote:
      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > I have tried various meditation techniques.
      > They all worked out well, more or less.
      > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
      > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
      >
      > Hope you all are well,
      > Wish you peace,
      > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

      Dear Ganesh,
      There is an article about astral travel
      (and beautiful art) in issue #9 of our newsletter,
      The Inner Traveler, that I am confident you
      will find interesting. It is a 2.6 MB download, but
      well worth the wait. Here's the URL - Enjoy!:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
        --- Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Jason, and everyone,
        >
        > Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
        > Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
        > images, I thought you'd like to know about the
        > following article:
        >
        > http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm
        >
        > Nina

        Thanks Nina,

        That's a great intuitive article on some things that Gangesh can
        postulate in his search for the existence of astral travel. Some key
        points that brought my attention to a halt.

        Try not to originate images or focus on prevalence and meaning.
        Just because an image (this can be a feeling, picture, sound, etc.)
        emerges doesn't automatically impose the weight of meaning and
        orgination directly. It becomes typical that a student of astral
        travel becomes burdened by failure simply because a meaning
        for the image(s) seen in a trip are not confirmed.

        This also applies to you as a traveler having a border drawn between
        you and your sensations, as if images arise outside and are brought
        into the minds eye. That occurance is typical when postulating
        meaning and relavence and is not even key in everday
        life away from the idea of being an astral traveller.

        Another aspect is not trying to envoke images or locations
        at first, but just to see what you can see. This approach
        also lightens the load of proof and desire to manipulate
        a certain situation. Allowing your minds eye to travel
        is more imporatant in the begining then trying to force
        out a location or situation you must be privey to. Simply the
        desire to see, regardless of the images and how they manifest
        are vital to the motivation of astral travelling and, oddly enough
        everyday life. What you are attempting in logical terms is, the
        formlessness of sensation and the logic will only weigh you down,
        burden you with conflict and disbelief. Astral travel is sought
        as a next step in freedom (in this case freedom from form) and it
        is vital to allow the natural course of trancendence to just happen
        come what may.

        There is also the gift of purging the personal, which too is the
        burden
        to be completed by a certain set of circumstances. You, as is all
        that you
        seek to find are already as complete as they appear to be, there is
        no
        real need to put you or the experience you have in the more important
        then the other role. They never jock for position, they only seem
        so as this is how they have been shown to manifest in the personal
        sense of sensation or experience. Again this can only come from
        desire to astral travel or if one is so inclined to become a doctor
        or
        engineer!

        This latter aspect is manifesting already, which is especially more
        in ones face when you see the television exposing the "real world"
        type programming we are witnessing today. Allow your experience to
        flow
        with the natural progression.

        Peace and Love

        http://my.yahoo.com