Re: [Meditation Society of America] A little help on astral travel

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hi, Jason, and everyone,

      Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
      Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
      images, I thought you'd like to know about the
      following article:

      http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm

      Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Ganesh Kumar
        <the_indian_dragon@y...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone,
        >
        > I have tried various meditation techniques.
        > They all worked out well, more or less.
        > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
        > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
        >
        > Hope you all are well,
        > Wish you peace,
        > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

        Dear Ganesh,
        There is an article about astral travel
        (and beautiful art) in issue #9 of our newsletter,
        The Inner Traveler, that I am confident you
        will find interesting. It is a 2.6 MB download, but
        well worth the wait. Here's the URL - Enjoy!:
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
          --- Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Jason, and everyone,
          >
          > Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
          > Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
          > images, I thought you'd like to know about the
          > following article:
          >
          > http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm
          >
          > Nina

          Thanks Nina,

          That's a great intuitive article on some things that Gangesh can
          postulate in his search for the existence of astral travel. Some key
          points that brought my attention to a halt.

          Try not to originate images or focus on prevalence and meaning.
          Just because an image (this can be a feeling, picture, sound, etc.)
          emerges doesn't automatically impose the weight of meaning and
          orgination directly. It becomes typical that a student of astral
          travel becomes burdened by failure simply because a meaning
          for the image(s) seen in a trip are not confirmed.

          This also applies to you as a traveler having a border drawn between
          you and your sensations, as if images arise outside and are brought
          into the minds eye. That occurance is typical when postulating
          meaning and relavence and is not even key in everday
          life away from the idea of being an astral traveller.

          Another aspect is not trying to envoke images or locations
          at first, but just to see what you can see. This approach
          also lightens the load of proof and desire to manipulate
          a certain situation. Allowing your minds eye to travel
          is more imporatant in the begining then trying to force
          out a location or situation you must be privey to. Simply the
          desire to see, regardless of the images and how they manifest
          are vital to the motivation of astral travelling and, oddly enough
          everyday life. What you are attempting in logical terms is, the
          formlessness of sensation and the logic will only weigh you down,
          burden you with conflict and disbelief. Astral travel is sought
          as a next step in freedom (in this case freedom from form) and it
          is vital to allow the natural course of trancendence to just happen
          come what may.

          There is also the gift of purging the personal, which too is the
          burden
          to be completed by a certain set of circumstances. You, as is all
          that you
          seek to find are already as complete as they appear to be, there is
          no
          real need to put you or the experience you have in the more important
          then the other role. They never jock for position, they only seem
          so as this is how they have been shown to manifest in the personal
          sense of sensation or experience. Again this can only come from
          desire to astral travel or if one is so inclined to become a doctor
          or
          engineer!

          This latter aspect is manifesting already, which is especially more
          in ones face when you see the television exposing the "real world"
          type programming we are witnessing today. Allow your experience to
          flow
          with the natural progression.

          Peace and Love

          http://my.yahoo.com