Re: [Meditation Society of America] A little help on astral travel

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2005
      --- Ganesh Kumar <the_indian_dragon@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone,
      >
      > I have tried various meditation techniques.
      > They all worked out well, more or less.
      > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
      > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
      >
      > Hope you all are well,
      > Wish you peace,
      > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

      Hi Ganesh,

      When delving into sensation travel or astral travel
      you have to look at it from an actuality perspective
      not on a does or does not exist view. The main difference
      is the proof of either the yes or no system of existence.
      This is a vital view to any alternative form of
      visualization or sensational stimulis. When
      looked at in this light, you can prove on
      how often what you see or sense in astral travel
      actually hits dead on at a later investigation. One
      of the biggest obsticles of proving astral travel is
      that there is lil if any interactions with the objects
      you are viewing or a way to impact an enviroment
      enough to be able to check out your astral trip later.
      This means that you can really only go on verbal
      translation as we cannot yet bring form to the astral
      travel world. This type of distant manipulation
      would require other phenomenal accounts that fall
      under the catagory of Telenetics.

      One of the main qualities of astral travel is a visual
      imagination. This minds eye view should be fairly
      detailed and not abstract. You should be able
      to distinguish forms clearly as if in a vivid dream.
      One way to enhance this ability is to draw or paint
      in the greatest most accurate detail you can, this
      tunes up the minds eye so it can see things clearer,
      define detail more accurately. Some folks have
      a great ability already in place for artistic
      translation and others take many years of
      practice to "see" and create a representation
      that is clear in the minds eye.

      Another aspect is the ability to tell the story
      with a large enough descriptive vocabulary.
      Writing down your travels into a journal
      or even a book of short stories detailing
      your account is a good start and an alternative
      to praticing artistic translation (as mentioned
      above). When your struggling with the tediousness
      of learning to be visually artistic, you can flip-flop
      between the two art forms whlie you're having
      difficulties with one.

      Astral travel is mostly visual, so tuning your mind
      into story telling and visual translations are key.
      As some progress with greater detail in those areas
      then they can tackle auditory and even more
      physical type sensations, like touch, smell or taste.
      Of course depending on how well you progress at the
      above mentioned artistic type accounts will dictate
      how well and quickly you can improve the later.
      Personally my experience has been mostly visual
      travel with a fairly good accuracy rate, without
      the latter sensations being integrated in very
      keenly or as often.

      Good luck and keeps us informed!

      -Peace and Love

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
        Hi, Jason, and everyone,

        Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
        Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
        images, I thought you'd like to know about the
        following article:

        http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm

        Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Ganesh Kumar
          <the_indian_dragon@y...> wrote:
          > Hey everyone,
          >
          > I have tried various meditation techniques.
          > They all worked out well, more or less.
          > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
          > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
          >
          > Hope you all are well,
          > Wish you peace,
          > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

          Dear Ganesh,
          There is an article about astral travel
          (and beautiful art) in issue #9 of our newsletter,
          The Inner Traveler, that I am confident you
          will find interesting. It is a 2.6 MB download, but
          well worth the wait. Here's the URL - Enjoy!:
          http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
            --- Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:

            > Hi, Jason, and everyone,
            >
            > Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
            > Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
            > images, I thought you'd like to know about the
            > following article:
            >
            > http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm
            >
            > Nina

            Thanks Nina,

            That's a great intuitive article on some things that Gangesh can
            postulate in his search for the existence of astral travel. Some key
            points that brought my attention to a halt.

            Try not to originate images or focus on prevalence and meaning.
            Just because an image (this can be a feeling, picture, sound, etc.)
            emerges doesn't automatically impose the weight of meaning and
            orgination directly. It becomes typical that a student of astral
            travel becomes burdened by failure simply because a meaning
            for the image(s) seen in a trip are not confirmed.

            This also applies to you as a traveler having a border drawn between
            you and your sensations, as if images arise outside and are brought
            into the minds eye. That occurance is typical when postulating
            meaning and relavence and is not even key in everday
            life away from the idea of being an astral traveller.

            Another aspect is not trying to envoke images or locations
            at first, but just to see what you can see. This approach
            also lightens the load of proof and desire to manipulate
            a certain situation. Allowing your minds eye to travel
            is more imporatant in the begining then trying to force
            out a location or situation you must be privey to. Simply the
            desire to see, regardless of the images and how they manifest
            are vital to the motivation of astral travelling and, oddly enough
            everyday life. What you are attempting in logical terms is, the
            formlessness of sensation and the logic will only weigh you down,
            burden you with conflict and disbelief. Astral travel is sought
            as a next step in freedom (in this case freedom from form) and it
            is vital to allow the natural course of trancendence to just happen
            come what may.

            There is also the gift of purging the personal, which too is the
            burden
            to be completed by a certain set of circumstances. You, as is all
            that you
            seek to find are already as complete as they appear to be, there is
            no
            real need to put you or the experience you have in the more important
            then the other role. They never jock for position, they only seem
            so as this is how they have been shown to manifest in the personal
            sense of sensation or experience. Again this can only come from
            desire to astral travel or if one is so inclined to become a doctor
            or
            engineer!

            This latter aspect is manifesting already, which is especially more
            in ones face when you see the television exposing the "real world"
            type programming we are witnessing today. Allow your experience to
            flow
            with the natural progression.

            Peace and Love

            http://my.yahoo.com