A little help on astral travel

  • Ganesh Kumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2005
      Hey everyone,

      I have tried various meditation techniques.
      They all worked out well, more or less.
      But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
      Please help me. Does it exist or not?

      Hope you all are well,
      Wish you peace,
      Indian Dragon alias Wolf

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2005
        --- Ganesh Kumar <the_indian_dragon@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone,
        >
        > I have tried various meditation techniques.
        > They all worked out well, more or less.
        > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
        > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
        >
        > Hope you all are well,
        > Wish you peace,
        > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

        Hi Ganesh,

        When delving into sensation travel or astral travel
        you have to look at it from an actuality perspective
        not on a does or does not exist view. The main difference
        is the proof of either the yes or no system of existence.
        This is a vital view to any alternative form of
        visualization or sensational stimulis. When
        looked at in this light, you can prove on
        how often what you see or sense in astral travel
        actually hits dead on at a later investigation. One
        of the biggest obsticles of proving astral travel is
        that there is lil if any interactions with the objects
        you are viewing or a way to impact an enviroment
        enough to be able to check out your astral trip later.
        This means that you can really only go on verbal
        translation as we cannot yet bring form to the astral
        travel world. This type of distant manipulation
        would require other phenomenal accounts that fall
        under the catagory of Telenetics.

        One of the main qualities of astral travel is a visual
        imagination. This minds eye view should be fairly
        detailed and not abstract. You should be able
        to distinguish forms clearly as if in a vivid dream.
        One way to enhance this ability is to draw or paint
        in the greatest most accurate detail you can, this
        tunes up the minds eye so it can see things clearer,
        define detail more accurately. Some folks have
        a great ability already in place for artistic
        translation and others take many years of
        practice to "see" and create a representation
        that is clear in the minds eye.

        Another aspect is the ability to tell the story
        with a large enough descriptive vocabulary.
        Writing down your travels into a journal
        or even a book of short stories detailing
        your account is a good start and an alternative
        to praticing artistic translation (as mentioned
        above). When your struggling with the tediousness
        of learning to be visually artistic, you can flip-flop
        between the two art forms whlie you're having
        difficulties with one.

        Astral travel is mostly visual, so tuning your mind
        into story telling and visual translations are key.
        As some progress with greater detail in those areas
        then they can tackle auditory and even more
        physical type sensations, like touch, smell or taste.
        Of course depending on how well you progress at the
        above mentioned artistic type accounts will dictate
        how well and quickly you can improve the later.
        Personally my experience has been mostly visual
        travel with a fairly good accuracy rate, without
        the latter sensations being integrated in very
        keenly or as often.

        Good luck and keeps us informed!

        -Peace and Love

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
          Hi, Jason, and everyone,

          Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
          Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
          images, I thought you'd like to know about the
          following article:

          http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm

          Nina
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Ganesh Kumar
            <the_indian_dragon@y...> wrote:
            > Hey everyone,
            >
            > I have tried various meditation techniques.
            > They all worked out well, more or less.
            > But astral travel seems as if it cannot be done.
            > Please help me. Does it exist or not?
            >
            > Hope you all are well,
            > Wish you peace,
            > Indian Dragon alias Wolf

            Dear Ganesh,
            There is an article about astral travel
            (and beautiful art) in issue #9 of our newsletter,
            The Inner Traveler, that I am confident you
            will find interesting. It is a 2.6 MB download, but
            well worth the wait. Here's the URL - Enjoy!:
            http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2005
              --- Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:

              > Hi, Jason, and everyone,
              >
              > Somehow related to what you wrote in response to
              > Ganesh, and because I recall you like working with
              > images, I thought you'd like to know about the
              > following article:
              >
              > http://www.collectivewisdominitiative.org/papers/hegedus_inner.htm
              >
              > Nina

              Thanks Nina,

              That's a great intuitive article on some things that Gangesh can
              postulate in his search for the existence of astral travel. Some key
              points that brought my attention to a halt.

              Try not to originate images or focus on prevalence and meaning.
              Just because an image (this can be a feeling, picture, sound, etc.)
              emerges doesn't automatically impose the weight of meaning and
              orgination directly. It becomes typical that a student of astral
              travel becomes burdened by failure simply because a meaning
              for the image(s) seen in a trip are not confirmed.

              This also applies to you as a traveler having a border drawn between
              you and your sensations, as if images arise outside and are brought
              into the minds eye. That occurance is typical when postulating
              meaning and relavence and is not even key in everday
              life away from the idea of being an astral traveller.

              Another aspect is not trying to envoke images or locations
              at first, but just to see what you can see. This approach
              also lightens the load of proof and desire to manipulate
              a certain situation. Allowing your minds eye to travel
              is more imporatant in the begining then trying to force
              out a location or situation you must be privey to. Simply the
              desire to see, regardless of the images and how they manifest
              are vital to the motivation of astral travelling and, oddly enough
              everyday life. What you are attempting in logical terms is, the
              formlessness of sensation and the logic will only weigh you down,
              burden you with conflict and disbelief. Astral travel is sought
              as a next step in freedom (in this case freedom from form) and it
              is vital to allow the natural course of trancendence to just happen
              come what may.

              There is also the gift of purging the personal, which too is the
              burden
              to be completed by a certain set of circumstances. You, as is all
              that you
              seek to find are already as complete as they appear to be, there is
              no
              real need to put you or the experience you have in the more important
              then the other role. They never jock for position, they only seem
              so as this is how they have been shown to manifest in the personal
              sense of sensation or experience. Again this can only come from
              desire to astral travel or if one is so inclined to become a doctor
              or
              engineer!

              This latter aspect is manifesting already, which is especially more
              in ones face when you see the television exposing the "real world"
              type programming we are witnessing today. Allow your experience to
              flow
              with the natural progression.

              Peace and Love

              http://my.yahoo.com