Re: Hello Group...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
      <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:

      > I'm a little confused. I got a private email saying that my message
      > wasn't approved, because of an inappropriate attachment... I post
      > directly from the site, as I am set to "no email."
      >
      > I haven't posted since my question a couple days ago. I don't want
      > anyone to think I'm doing something unacceptable!
      >
      > Hope everyone is well...
      >
      > Trina

      Hi Trina,
      This must be the compu-devils at play.
      I did disapprove a post earlier today
      from our only member who is on moderation
      status, because of it's use of obscenity.
      You must have somehow received the email
      that is automatically sent out by Yahoo
      in these cases.
      BTW, The whole censorship thing this represents
      is an unwanted task that I do so as to keep
      this group flowing towards being a vehicle for
      concepts of consciousness evolution potential.
      And from the 13,000+ posts we've had, I've
      come to feel that personal attacks, the use
      of curse words just to show you're "cool"
      or shocking or something similar, the blatant
      use of a post as an ad for some materialistic
      purpose, and so on, are not of benefit for the
      group. In any event, I hope that we haven't
      gotten to the point where we are censoring
      things not yet posted by those with no intention
      of doing anything "bad" :-), and I hope that
      the one whose posts are being disapproved of
      will "get it" soon, and share the good stuff
      that they do have which has the potential to be
      of real enjoyment and benefit to others.
    • T.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2005
        *whew*

        I'm glad you know it wasn't me!!

        Good luck with that - there are always a couple who need babysitting.

        Trina