Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Weekly Words ofWisdom

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2005
      Hi Trina,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: T.
      Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 11:59 AM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Weekly Words ofWisdom

      Hi guys, it's me - the baby lurker.

      Holy crow, I want to get where you guys are!!  I know of course that
      you all have been studying (??) and practicing for a long time and
      I'm willing to accept what I can achieve/recieve slowly but surely.

      I just don't know where/how to start!!

      How about finding out,........... just who is it,........... that "just don't know where/how to start"?

      I just don't know where/how to start!!........is a thought isn't it?

      Where did that thought come from and who cognized it as so?

       I attempt meditation
      frequently - but still haven't achieved it.

      Meditation is to be achieved?

      You say you attempt meditation.

      What do you actually do in that attempt?

        I'm not
      getting "frustrated" really, but something like it.

      I hate to ask you all to go back to basics - but any lessons/advice
      you could lend to a newcomer would be greatly appreciated.

      I want this very badly, but I'm finding that I'm not even exactly
      sure what "this" is -

      Lovely.

      A yearning...........but yearned for what,....... not known.

      Or known but that "known" is seen to be a projection of the prevailing conditioning and thus useless.

      it seems the more I try to draw closer to it -
      the further away I'm actually getting.

      Indeed.

      The more you try to haul yourself by your bootstraps..........the more the discs in the spine........ slip out.

        And it seems that all the
      wanting and trying is about as far away from it as it can get!!  =o)

      Yep.

      So ascertain..........to whom is that wanting of relevance, of significance?

      Rub-a-bub-dub.