Re: study

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:

      > Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
      > My test was on idealism/realism. ;)
      >
      > That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
      > outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
      > is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
      > of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
      > notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
      > for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
      > I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
      > diagnosis as regards 'results'...
      >
      > Nina

      Hi,
      The Harvard compu-tests dealt with Appropriate diagnosis---
      as in...with this set of symptoms,
      what is going on - IE What illness or injury is
      happening. Secondly, they looked for appropriate treatment...
      IE: What do you next do about it.
      Results aren't that much of a factor, as just by
      going to a doctor (witch-type included:-), you'll
      find a 90%+ favorable outcome result. Ah, the power of Belief!
      Bob
      PS: Care to share your test results?

      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina"
      > > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
      > > >
      > > > Nina
      > >
      > > Dear Ninaji,
      > > Thanks for the interesting link.
      > > Well, the test I took shows I seem to
      > > have a slight preference towards the
      > > young vs the old. And I guess that's
      > > about right. But what I am sure of is
      > > that I disliked taking these kinds of
      > > tests when I was young, and still do
      > > now that I'm old:-)
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
        Yep, the power of belief. Thanks for the
        summary of that Harvard diagnosis program.

        Since you asked, my test results were
        neutral... something like 'no preference'
        or 'no strong identification with idealism
        OR realism'. Go figure... these tests don't
        show much except intended results for folks
        who can figure out the pattern of questioning
        within the first few questions.

        Nina