Re: study

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
      Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
      My test was on idealism/realism. ;)

      That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
      outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
      is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
      of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
      notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
      for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
      I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
      diagnosis as regards 'results'...

      Nina

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
        <murrkis@y...> wrote:

        > Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
        > My test was on idealism/realism. ;)
        >
        > That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
        > outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
        > is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
        > of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
        > notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
        > for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
        > I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
        > diagnosis as regards 'results'...
        >
        > Nina

        Hi,
        The Harvard compu-tests dealt with Appropriate diagnosis---
        as in...with this set of symptoms,
        what is going on - IE What illness or injury is
        happening. Secondly, they looked for appropriate treatment...
        IE: What do you next do about it.
        Results aren't that much of a factor, as just by
        going to a doctor (witch-type included:-), you'll
        find a 90%+ favorable outcome result. Ah, the power of Belief!
        Bob
        PS: Care to share your test results?

        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina"
        > > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
        > > >
        > > > Nina
        > >
        > > Dear Ninaji,
        > > Thanks for the interesting link.
        > > Well, the test I took shows I seem to
        > > have a slight preference towards the
        > > young vs the old. And I guess that's
        > > about right. But what I am sure of is
        > > that I disliked taking these kinds of
        > > tests when I was young, and still do
        > > now that I'm old:-)
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
          Yep, the power of belief. Thanks for the
          summary of that Harvard diagnosis program.

          Since you asked, my test results were
          neutral... something like 'no preference'
          or 'no strong identification with idealism
          OR realism'. Go figure... these tests don't
          show much except intended results for folks
          who can figure out the pattern of questioning
          within the first few questions.

          Nina