Re: study

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2005
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:

      > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
      >
      > Nina

      Dear Ninaji,
      Thanks for the interesting link.
      Well, the test I took shows I seem to
      have a slight preference towards the
      young vs the old. And I guess that's
      about right. But what I am sure of is
      that I disliked taking these kinds of
      tests when I was young, and still do
      now that I'm old:-) Semi-seriously though,
      I remember that Harvard had a computer
      program about 25 years ago that could
      out-diagnose and out-prescribe 85% of the
      physicians in the USA relative to illness
      or injuries. And of course the progression
      into analyzation of personalities and
      similar stuff was inevitable. But what
      goes around, comes around, and most likely
      pretty soon we will be analyzing how computers
      feel about things.
      And so it goes.
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
        Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
        My test was on idealism/realism. ;)

        That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
        outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
        is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
        of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
        notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
        for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
        I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
        diagnosis as regards 'results'...

        Nina

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
          <murrkis@y...> wrote:

          > Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
          > My test was on idealism/realism. ;)
          >
          > That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
          > outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
          > is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
          > of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
          > notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
          > for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
          > I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
          > diagnosis as regards 'results'...
          >
          > Nina

          Hi,
          The Harvard compu-tests dealt with Appropriate diagnosis---
          as in...with this set of symptoms,
          what is going on - IE What illness or injury is
          happening. Secondly, they looked for appropriate treatment...
          IE: What do you next do about it.
          Results aren't that much of a factor, as just by
          going to a doctor (witch-type included:-), you'll
          find a 90%+ favorable outcome result. Ah, the power of Belief!
          Bob
          PS: Care to share your test results?

          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina"
          > > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
          > > >
          > > > Nina
          > >
          > > Dear Ninaji,
          > > Thanks for the interesting link.
          > > Well, the test I took shows I seem to
          > > have a slight preference towards the
          > > young vs the old. And I guess that's
          > > about right. But what I am sure of is
          > > that I disliked taking these kinds of
          > > tests when I was young, and still do
          > > now that I'm old:-)
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
            Yep, the power of belief. Thanks for the
            summary of that Harvard diagnosis program.

            Since you asked, my test results were
            neutral... something like 'no preference'
            or 'no strong identification with idealism
            OR realism'. Go figure... these tests don't
            show much except intended results for folks
            who can figure out the pattern of questioning
            within the first few questions.

            Nina