study

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2005
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2005
        <murrkis@y...> wrote:

        > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
        >
        > Nina

        Dear Ninaji,
        Thanks for the interesting link.
        Well, the test I took shows I seem to
        have a slight preference towards the
        young vs the old. And I guess that's
        about right. But what I am sure of is
        that I disliked taking these kinds of
        tests when I was young, and still do
        now that I'm old:-) Semi-seriously though,
        I remember that Harvard had a computer
        program about 25 years ago that could
        out-diagnose and out-prescribe 85% of the
        physicians in the USA relative to illness
        or injuries. And of course the progression
        into analyzation of personalities and
        similar stuff was inevitable. But what
        goes around, comes around, and most likely
        pretty soon we will be analyzing how computers
        feel about things.
        And so it goes.
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
          Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
          My test was on idealism/realism. ;)

          That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
          outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
          is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
          of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
          notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
          for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
          I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
          diagnosis as regards 'results'...

          Nina

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
            <murrkis@y...> wrote:

            > Hehe, maybe Harvard knows more than we think.
            > My test was on idealism/realism. ;)
            >
            > That's pretty good that Harvard's program could
            > outdiagnose 85% of doctors. What I'd like to know
            > is: who is checking? At any rate, given that one
            > of the major drug companies (Glaxo?) recently published a
            > notice that pharmaceutical drugs usually only work
            > for 35-50% of the people for which they are prescribed,
            > I wonder if Harvard was also checking for efficacy of
            > diagnosis as regards 'results'...
            >
            > Nina

            Hi,
            The Harvard compu-tests dealt with Appropriate diagnosis---
            as in...with this set of symptoms,
            what is going on - IE What illness or injury is
            happening. Secondly, they looked for appropriate treatment...
            IE: What do you next do about it.
            Results aren't that much of a factor, as just by
            going to a doctor (witch-type included:-), you'll
            find a 90%+ favorable outcome result. Ah, the power of Belief!
            Bob
            PS: Care to share your test results?

            > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina"
            > > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
            > > >
            > > > Nina
            > >
            > > Dear Ninaji,
            > > Thanks for the interesting link.
            > > Well, the test I took shows I seem to
            > > have a slight preference towards the
            > > young vs the old. And I guess that's
            > > about right. But what I am sure of is
            > > that I disliked taking these kinds of
            > > tests when I was young, and still do
            > > now that I'm old:-)
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
              Yep, the power of belief. Thanks for the
              summary of that Harvard diagnosis program.

              Since you asked, my test results were
              neutral... something like 'no preference'
              or 'no strong identification with idealism
              OR realism'. Go figure... these tests don't
              show much except intended results for folks
              who can figure out the pattern of questioning
              within the first few questions.

              Nina