An-hat Nad-The Unstricken Sound

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2005

      Thank you  Diana

      Some 5,000 years back, the sages conceptualized sound as the basic primordial-ness, ..........not light.

      The arising of I AM is the sound of Omkar.(Amen and Aameen)

      In many expressions of worship, aka Christian church, a Hindu temple, a Buddhist monastery is the symbol of ringing bells.

      Pointing to sound arising out of nothing and dissipating into nothingness.

      Whether the arising-dissipation takes place in few minutes, 80 years, or in 100 Billion years.................. vibratory patterns within patterns.

      The core meditation techniques are all based on sound.

      The sound of quietude is this vibratory primordial-ness.

      Which creates and dissipates..............durational appearances.

      Omkaram Bindu Smayuktam

      Nityam Dhyayanti Yoginah

      Kamadam, Mokshadam Chaivya

      Omkaraya, Namoh Namah.

      Omkaraya, Namoh Namah.
      Omkaraya, Namoh Namah.
      Omkaraya, Namoh Namah.

      First Sound Waves Left Imprint on the Universe
      By Robert Roy Britt
      Senior Science Writer
      posted: 12 January 2005
      05:44 am ET

      SAN DIEGO -- The early universe rang with the sound of countless cosmic bells, which filled the primordial darkness with ripples like the surface of a pond pounded by stones. The wave fronts later served as spawning grounds for galaxies, astronomers announced Tuesday.

      The effect had been predicted by theory. Researchers found its imprint on the sky in two independent, comprehensive galaxy surveys presented here at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

      The findings give scientists greater confidence that their limited understand of the universe's structure, contents and evolution are on track.

      Sound waves in space may sound unlikely. Here's what astronomers back in the 1960s theorized:

      The universe was initially a thick, hot soup that trapped light. About 350,000 years after the Big Bang -- the theoretical beginning of it all some 13.7 billion years ago -- things cleared and an imprint of the earlier conditions was left on the entire cosmos. Scientists previously detected this imprint as the Cosmic Microwave Background. It is everywhere in the sky and packs important clues about the structure of the nascent universe.

      Something similar should have happened with sound, explained Daniel Eisenstein of the University of Arizona and leader of one of the studies, based on the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.

      In the dark era, if you pushed on a pocket of hot gas, it would resist being compressed and bounce back.

      "The whole thing sits there and rings like a bell," Eisenstein said. The thick hot soup would transmit sound waves in the same manner that air or water do. When the fog cleared, the sound waves would have remained as countless ripples of material.

      Here's the neat part:

      Think of a rock dropped into a pond, Eisenstein suggested. The ripples are areas where extra water is piled up. In the early cosmos, the sound ripples would have been areas where extra matter piled up, and more galaxies should have formed along these ripples than elsewhere.

      "The twist is, [the extra matter represented by] the rock also helped formed galaxies," he said.

      Hang on just a bit more. Since all this happened, the universe has expanded about 1,000 times. So the location of each "rock" and its associated ripple should be about 500 million light-years apart.

      If this actually happened, then there ought to be more galaxies separated by that distance than by other distances. And that's exactly what the 2dF and Sloan sky surveys found -- barely.

      "This last ring gets forever quieter and deeper in tone as the universe expands," said Idit Zehavi of the University of Arizona. "It is now so faint as to be detectable only by the most sensitive surveys."

      The effect is subtle in another way, because the ringing cosmic bells (the rocks in our analogy) were ubiquitous. So instead of one rock tossed into the pond, "It's more like a handful of gravel," Eisenstein said. "You get overlapping ripples."

      The combined discovery provides a yardstick for measuring other properties of the cosmos, said Richard Ellis, a Caltech professor involved in the 2dF study.

      And the results confirm other methods that have found the universe is composed of just 4 percent regular matter (the atoms that make everything from people to clouds to stars), 25 percent dark matter (mysterious stuff that must be there but can't be seen), and the rest dark energy, an even more mysterious force that is driving the universe to expand at an ever-increasing pace.

      http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/aas_universe_structure_050111.html

      Scanned by eScan Anti-Virus and Content Security Software.
      Visit http://www.mwti.net for more info on eScan and MailScan.

    • Nina
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005
        Neato.

        In terms of sensory stuff, both sound and light depend
        on something even more 'primordial'... touch. It might
        be said that touch is the first sensation... dependent
        on boundary.

        Not to dissipate what you have written at all... it is
        only what popped up when I read what you wrote.

        Back to my multi-cultural open-faced lox on ghee on rye sammich...
        Nina

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep"
        <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
        > Thank you Diana
        >
        > Some 5,000 years back, the sages conceptualized sound as the basic
        primordial-ness, ..........not light.
      • raj raje
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2005
          hi, i think OMKAR is the first begeneng.YOGIRAJ.