Re: Weekly Words of Wisdom

  • °:-)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005

      Subject:  what's worth: quotes of wise ones or encounter of fools?

      "When you see a new trail, or a footprint that you do not know, follow
      it to the point of knowing."
      --Grandmother of Charles Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

      "When temptation comes, I don't say, `Yes," and I don't say, `No.' I
      say, `Later,' I just keep walking the Red Road-down the middle. When you're
      in the middle, you don't go to either extreme. You allow both sides to
      exist."
      --Dr. A. C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA

      "What you see with your eyes shut is what counts."
      --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

      "The way of knowledge is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a
      mere trail -- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you
      to a clearer train-a track- a road. Later on there will be many tracks,
      crossing and diverging one from the other. Then you must be careful, for
      success lies in the choice of the right road."
      --Many Lightenings Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

      "Always remember that the Great Mystery is good; evil can come only
      from ourselves!"
      --Grandmother of Charles Eastman. SANTEE SIOUX

      "I believe that being a medicine man, more than anything else, is a
      state of mind, a way of looking at and understanding this earth, a sense of
      what it is all about."
      --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

      "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
      They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
      --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA

      ".because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough,
      it will come into being."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

      People have to be responsible for their thoughts, so they have to
      learn to control them. It may not be easy, but it can be done."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

      n0by

      Subscribe to n0by

        Costly Cosy Cyber Creatures!

      worldwide:

      http://www.n0by.de/n0/
      <----------------------------<

      Do you Yahoo!?
      The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2005
        "If you don't have faith, God cannot do anything to help you. So have
        faith. If you cannot have faith in yourself, have faith in God. Say,
        'God is going to help me, God will heal me.' And if you repeat a
        mantra, feel, 'The mantra will heal me.' The mantra won't come and
        heal you unless you repeat it. If you don't believe in your healing
        abilities, believe in God. Somewhere, somehow, you have to believe in
        something. With that complete faith, you can do anything and
        everything. Didn't the Bible say, faith the size of a mustard seed can
        move mountains? How can a mountain be moved? By faith. If you have
        complete faith, the mountain will move.

        God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

        H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

        For more information about Swamiji:
        http://www.swamisatchidananda.org