Weekly Words of Wisdom

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      "Death can come at any minute, in any way. We do not know what is in
      store tomorrow, or, whether there is a tomorrow, or even a tonight!
      But still, we have the golden present. Now we are alive and kicking.
      What should we do now? Love and serve. Love all, serve all. We have
      come here for that purpose.

      I always say that we have not even come with our own purpose here. We
      have been sent with a purpose. Do not let yourself get burdened by
      anything. Be at ease, and do what you can. Keep yourself in control so
      you can serve well. That is possible only when you have that mastery
      of your own mind.

      God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

      For more about Swamiji:
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
    • °:-)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005

        Subject:  what's worth: quotes of wise ones or encounter of fools?

        "When you see a new trail, or a footprint that you do not know, follow
        it to the point of knowing."
        --Grandmother of Charles Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

        "When temptation comes, I don't say, `Yes," and I don't say, `No.' I
        say, `Later,' I just keep walking the Red Road-down the middle. When you're
        in the middle, you don't go to either extreme. You allow both sides to
        exist."
        --Dr. A. C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA

        "What you see with your eyes shut is what counts."
        --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

        "The way of knowledge is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a
        mere trail -- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you
        to a clearer train-a track- a road. Later on there will be many tracks,
        crossing and diverging one from the other. Then you must be careful, for
        success lies in the choice of the right road."
        --Many Lightenings Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

        "Always remember that the Great Mystery is good; evil can come only
        from ourselves!"
        --Grandmother of Charles Eastman. SANTEE SIOUX

        "I believe that being a medicine man, more than anything else, is a
        state of mind, a way of looking at and understanding this earth, a sense of
        what it is all about."
        --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

        "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
        They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
        --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA

        ".because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough,
        it will come into being."
        --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

        People have to be responsible for their thoughts, so they have to
        learn to control them. It may not be easy, but it can be done."
        --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

        n0by

        Subscribe to n0by

          Costly Cosy Cyber Creatures!

        worldwide:

        http://www.n0by.de/n0/
        <----------------------------<

        Do you Yahoo!?
        The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2005
          "If you don't have faith, God cannot do anything to help you. So have
          faith. If you cannot have faith in yourself, have faith in God. Say,
          'God is going to help me, God will heal me.' And if you repeat a
          mantra, feel, 'The mantra will heal me.' The mantra won't come and
          heal you unless you repeat it. If you don't believe in your healing
          abilities, believe in God. Somewhere, somehow, you have to believe in
          something. With that complete faith, you can do anything and
          everything. Didn't the Bible say, faith the size of a mustard seed can
          move mountains? How can a mountain be moved? By faith. If you have
          complete faith, the mountain will move.

          God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

          H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

          For more information about Swamiji:
          http://www.swamisatchidananda.org