  • Sandeep Chatterjee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:27 AM
      Subject: Tsunami

      Few years ago, I had asked for financial assistance from all of you, for the survivors  of the earthquake in India.
      I am once again involved with a NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) for getting medicines, Tarpaulins, tents, food etc across to the survivors of the recent event of the tsunami havoc.
      NGOs do a much better job than Government Aid disbursement agencies, since the NGOs have been operating in these areas, for decades and know what exactly is needed by the survivors, right now.
      They are also far more motivated to get the needed supplies to the needy, rather than for the supplies to remain in stocks awaiting paper work and other red tapism.
      This NGO is run a team of marine biologists who had been stationed in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, one of the worst affected areas, and have already organized over 25 air-lifts to these islands as well as to Sri Lanka in the last 7 days carrying these much much needed supplies.
      They have tied up with private air-charters for these supplies while much of the national Governments around the globe debate who will pledge what amounts of aid.
      I have raised until now close to USD 5,000 which went in to buy very specific medicines and other items.
      I could do quite nicely with another USD 5.0 Million .
      Anybody who is moved to help and who trusts Sandeep to have your financial contributions be effectively used for the above purpose, please contact me to send whatever financial aid that you can.
      Thank you.