Re: The ultimate goal of Meditation: dharmamegha samadhi.

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou"
      <tom@f...> wrote:

      > Dear Jogeshwar
      >
      > > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
      > > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
      > > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
      > > Regards,
      > > Jogeshwar.
      >
      > What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
      > for the condition:
      > "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
      >
      > What should I watch out for, in order to know,
      > if I have any experience to share with you?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Tom
      My dear Tom,
      Thanks for your reply. May I now request you to go
      through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"? English translations are
      available in several web sites. Can you also prepare and post a
      summary of Yoga Sutras? The English translations may be of 2000 to
      3000 words.Thanks.
      Regards,
      Jogeshwar.
    • Tom Flou
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
        >>> Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
        >>> meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
        >>> dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
        >>> Regards,
        >>> Jogeshwar.
        >
        >> What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
        >> for the condition:
        >> "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
        >>
        >> What should I watch out for, in order to know,
        >> if I have any experience to share with you?
        >
        >> Thanks
        >> Tom

        Dear Jogeshwar!

        >My dear Tom, Thanks for your reply.

        You are welcome!

        >May I now request you to go through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"?
        English >translations are available in several web sites.

        Yes, you may request that.

        >Can you also prepare and post a summary of Yoga Sutras?
        >The English translations may be of 2000 to 3000 words. Thanks.

        Jogeshwar, I think your demands on me are growing exponentially.
        I really feel I'll have to decline here. What comes next?
        - are you sure, doing all this, will make me realize,
        if I "might be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi?"

        >Regards,
        >Jogeshwar.

        Yours,
        Tom