Re: The ultimate goal of Meditation: dharmamegha samadhi.

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou"
      <tom@f...> wrote:

      > Dear Jogeshwar
      >
      > > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
      > > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
      > > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
      > > Regards,
      > > Jogeshwar.
      >
      > What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
      > for the condition:
      > "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
      >
      > What should I watch out for, in order to know,
      > if I have any experience to share with you?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Tom
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
        <tom@f...> wrote:

        > Dear Jogeshwar
        >
        > > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
        > > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
        > > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
        > > Regards,
        > > Jogeshwar.
        >
        > What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
        > for the condition:
        > "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
        >
        > What should I watch out for, in order to know,
        > if I have any experience to share with you?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Tom
        My dear Tom,
        Thanks for your reply. May I now request you to go
        through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"? English translations are
        available in several web sites. Can you also prepare and post a
        summary of Yoga Sutras? The English translations may be of 2000 to
        3000 words.Thanks.
        Regards,
        Jogeshwar.
      • Tom Flou
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
          >>> Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
          >>> meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
          >>> dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
          >>> Regards,
          >>> Jogeshwar.
          >
          >> What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
          >> for the condition:
          >> "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
          >>
          >> What should I watch out for, in order to know,
          >> if I have any experience to share with you?
          >
          >> Thanks
          >> Tom

          Dear Jogeshwar!

          >My dear Tom, Thanks for your reply.

          You are welcome!

          >May I now request you to go through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"?
          English >translations are available in several web sites.

          Yes, you may request that.

          >Can you also prepare and post a summary of Yoga Sutras?
          >The English translations may be of 2000 to 3000 words. Thanks.

          Jogeshwar, I think your demands on me are growing exponentially.
          I really feel I'll have to decline here. What comes next?
          - are you sure, doing all this, will make me realize,
          if I "might be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi?"

          >Regards,
          >Jogeshwar.

          Yours,
          Tom