CD recommendation

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2004
      Howdy,

      In looking for CDs to use in an upcoming
      class for deep relaxation, I came across
      a couple of goodies, both by Dr. Jeffrey
      Thompson:

      Awakened Mind System
      subtitled Deepen Meditation,
      Access Intuition and Insight,
      Nurture Healing and Renewal

      and

      Music for Brainwave Massage

      They are both put out by The Relaxation
      Company.

      Here is Thompson's bio, found on one of the
      CD leaflets:

      Dr. Jeffrey Thompson began experimenting with
      sound pulse patterns in 1981, and in 1988 he
      established The Center for Neuroacoustical
      Research in Encinitas, California. His courses
      in behavioral psychoacoustics are accepted by
      the state of California for Ph.D. credits in
      clinical psychotherapy. His work was chosen for
      research by the Center for the Study of Complementary
      and Alternative Therapies program at the University
      of Virginia Medical School... His sound tracks
      use clinically proven techniques for guiding brainwave
      function into deeply relaxed and rejuvenating states
      and awakened mind patterns.

      Good stuff, certainly works, as far as I could
      tell. I completely forgot I was standing in a
      record store, listening to the CDs on their testing
      stereo headphones. The first CD mentioned above has
      a 'deep outer space' sound to it; the second has
      recognizable melodies, but in an airy classical
      overture sense. With both, I experienced the sound
      as something that moved through and around me; it was
      a fascinating experience of altered boundaries.

      Nina