Lunch with Jeff

  • Don James
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18, 2004
      I tried getting together last July with him but it was a long haul
      from Maine to Baltimore, where I wanted to introduce him to satsang
      with Ammmachi. But today we hooked up for lunch, him and Linda were
      heading down to Florida for a month's vacation, and I'm about an hour
      or so from hiway 95 where he passes thru. I got there about a half
      hour early, found a nice mexican restaurant where we could have lunch
      and went to a Craker Barrel restaurant to wait in my car. He was
      supposed to call when he got close to the exit, but when it was past
      time, no call. I figured something was wrong with my cell phone so I
      called him.

      Yep, he was already here and had called me 3 times. So I drive to the
      Ramada Inn where he's parked and off we go to El Chalupa (or whatever
      it was called :-)) We embrace and share our war stories of our
      respective trips getting here. His a ticket for having a radar
      detector. Yep, not only do the cops in Virginia have radar but radar
      detector detectors. Mine, a short yellow light that turned red before
      I kept going right thru the intersection. And there had to be a police
      car at the intersection. Rats! What can you do. Get angry? Sad? Jump
      up and down?

      The restaurant is great but the waitress barely speaks english. What?
      Huh? Well, do YOU? It was frustrating. Beer. Beer! Cervesa damn it!
      Coronas for Jeff and I, none for Linda. Vegetarian all around, lots of
      cheese, yummy, but not so good for the arteries. Oh well. We talked of
      forums and business, we had some good laughs and it was intense, from
      my perspective. Jeff is an intense guy. There were some transcendent
      moments for me. Before they drove off, Jeff and I took a few minutes
      alone and I felt him, I felt his presence and it was good. :-)
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 18, 2004
        "Don James" <oak1day566@c...> wrote:
        > Jeff is an intense guy. There were some transcendent
        > moments for me. Before they drove off, Jeff and I took a few minutes
        > alone and I felt him, I felt his presence and it was good. :-)

        Hey, and where was Linda? ;)

        Nina
      • Don James
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 20, 2004
          <murrkis@y...> wrote:

          > "Don James" <oak1day566@c...> wrote:
          > > Jeff is an intense guy. There were some transcendent
          > > moments for me. Before they drove off, Jeff and I took a few
          minutes
          > > alone and I felt him, I felt his presence and it was good. :-)
          >
          > Hey, and where was Linda? ;)
          >
          > Nina

          Linda was in the car. Jeff asked her if he could have a few minutes
          alone with me, so we talked in front of my car. What was the wink for?
          (I'm a bit dense these days)
          Don
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 20, 2004
            Hey, Don. Same question as Nina
            asked...Where was Linda?

            My wife, Susan, would be upset to
            learn that I was also traveling
            with someone named Linda.

            Intensely best regards,

            Jeff

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Don James"
            <oak1day566@c...> wrote:

            > <murrkis@y...> wrote:

            > > "Don James" <oak1day566@c...> wrote:
            > > > Jeff is an intense guy. There were some transcendent
            > > > moments for me. Before they drove off, Jeff and I took a few
            > minutes
            > > > alone and I felt him, I felt his presence and it was good. :-)
            > >
            > > Hey, and where was Linda? ;)
            > >
            > > Nina
            >
            > Linda was in the car. Jeff asked her if he could have a few minutes
            > alone with me, so we talked in front of my car. What was the wink
            for?
            > (I'm a bit dense these days)
            > Don
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 20, 2004
              Oh, lol, I didn't even catch the Linda vs. Susan
              thing. I guess that says alot about how the mind
              just 'assumes' what is presented at face value.
              My apologies, Susan!

              Well, my original question was a slight ribbing
              about the intimacy expressed by feeling Jeff's
              presence. Hopefully Jeff did not feel violated,
              but knowing Jeff, he prolly took it in stride.

              smiling,
              Nina
            • Don James
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 22, 2004
                <murrkis@y...> wrote:

                > Oh, lol, I didn't even catch the Linda vs. Susan
                > thing. I guess that says alot about how the mind
                > just 'assumes' what is presented at face value.
                > My apologies, Susan!
                >
                > Well, my original question was a slight ribbing
                > about the intimacy expressed by feeling Jeff's
                > presence. Hopefully Jeff did not feel violated,
                > but knowing Jeff, he prolly took it in stride.
                >
                > smiling,
                > Nina

                I don't really know Susan, thus the name mistake,
                I'm Jeff's friend and also, I felt some slight
                irritation coming from her, a minor yet perceivable
                grumpiness. Two days of road trip can really do
                that to you. I normally can feel people if they
                are being open towards me. Plus, like I said, Jeff
                is my friend. I've never talked to Susan at all.
                As to Jeff feeling violated, well, Jeff?