The ultimate goal of Meditation: dharmamegha samadhi.

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2004
      Dear friends,
      Namate to all.India is a country with rich tradition. It
      has produced many philosophies and many styles of life of which Yoga
      and meditation has attracted the world. The most noted text on
      meditation is the "Yoga Sutras" by Maharshi Patanjali. The ultimate
      goal of this system is to ascend to dharmamegha samadhi. It has
      following components:

      1.Attaining pure conscience;

      2.Ending/transcending the sequence of cause and effect in respect of
      self;

      3.Independence from time and space and

      4.That is the end of all sufferings.

      Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
      meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
      dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
      Regards,
      Jogeshwar.
    • Tom Flou
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2004
        Dear Jogeshwar

        > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
        > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
        > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
        > Regards,
        > Jogeshwar.

        What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
        for the condition:
        "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?

        What should I watch out for, in order to know,
        if I have any experience to share with you?

        Thanks
        Tom
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou"
          <tom@f...> wrote:

          > Dear Jogeshwar
          >
          > > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
          > > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
          > > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
          > > Regards,
          > > Jogeshwar.
          >
          > What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
          > for the condition:
          > "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
          >
          > What should I watch out for, in order to know,
          > if I have any experience to share with you?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Tom
        • jogeshwarmahanta
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
            <tom@f...> wrote:

            > Dear Jogeshwar
            >
            > > Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
            > > meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
            > > dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
            > > Regards,
            > > Jogeshwar.
            >
            > What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
            > for the condition:
            > "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
            >
            > What should I watch out for, in order to know,
            > if I have any experience to share with you?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Tom
            My dear Tom,
            Thanks for your reply. May I now request you to go
            through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"? English translations are
            available in several web sites. Can you also prepare and post a
            summary of Yoga Sutras? The English translations may be of 2000 to
            3000 words.Thanks.
            Regards,
            Jogeshwar.
          • Tom Flou
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
              >>> Now billions of people around the world are prcticing
              >>> meditation. Will some of them who might be heading toward
              >>> dharmamegha samadhi describe their experiences? Thanks.
              >>> Regards,
              >>> Jogeshwar.
              >
              >> What, in your opinion, would be the criteria
              >> for the condition:
              >> "be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi" ?
              >>
              >> What should I watch out for, in order to know,
              >> if I have any experience to share with you?
              >
              >> Thanks
              >> Tom

              Dear Jogeshwar!

              >My dear Tom, Thanks for your reply.

              You are welcome!

              >May I now request you to go through "Patanjali's Yoga Sutras"?
              English >translations are available in several web sites.

              Yes, you may request that.

              >Can you also prepare and post a summary of Yoga Sutras?
              >The English translations may be of 2000 to 3000 words. Thanks.

              Jogeshwar, I think your demands on me are growing exponentially.
              I really feel I'll have to decline here. What comes next?
              - are you sure, doing all this, will make me realize,
              if I "might be heading toward dharmamegha samadhi?"

              >Regards,
              >Jogeshwar.

              Yours,
              Tom