Re: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

  • mizrob
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
      ok :) First of all - HI - I'm new here, and I'll be the absolute
      first person to say that 1. I'm not an expert .. and 2. maybe I am
      but I just don't know it.

      I plead ignorance to the terminology.. neti? avatar? Heck if I
      know. Expert on meditation? Noooo.. but I try and do the best that I
      can, and sometimes I can 'sink' into it (for lack of a better word)
      and othertimes 'stilling the mind' is a joke. Perhaps it was just
      meant to be that way at the time because I still have new learning
      and experiences to have.

      I just enjoy the way that we all have different experiences to share,
      talk about - and sometimes (forgive me here) it can be overwhelming
      or drowning to others in verbal .. descriptives? shall I say? I'm a
      really REALLY big fan of making it simple so that everyone can
      understand and relate. What we all believe is different and yet the
      same. Are we all of one - IAM - global consciousness? I believe
      so. I also believe that we each have chosen for ourselves a 'path'
      to follow, and take it's twists and turns based on the choices we
      make in our life. Yes... perhaps complete consciousness.. thought or
      the absense of thought may be the 'goal', and that is ok. Here's a
      thought - if the 'goal' is at the moment to not have thought,
      perceptions and so on and to just BE/exist - well.. why are we here
      then? (I'm not talking about being or living in the moment, that's a
      different train of thought) We didn't have to take physical form to
      do that, since we were already that before coming here physically.
      What if we came here to have experiences that we couldn't have in
      pure thought/energy form? Sometimes the physical form does have it's
      purposes from the ability to feel the warmth of the sun on our skin,
      to hug another, to feel the emotions, wading in the water, even
      making love. I'm not saying that things can't be ... experienced?
      known? in energy form but we can't physically touch a thought.

      Maybe we're here to have the experiences, to share with others, to
      teach, to remember - I don't know! As I said I am no expert (but
      maybe I am and I just don't know it, but half the fun might be
      finding out!) Maybe we're here to just have fun? None of this is
      wrong really.. lol even if we get caught up in the drama of things
      (and I'm just as guilty as charged of that as are others..)

      But.. :) what I wrote could be really meaninful, or complete
      blather. It doesn't matter, it's up to the person (perceiver, reader
      whatever..) to decide for themselves if it is or isn't.

      PS. I really liked the monk and the boat/stream/waves analogy.
      Thanks for sharing...

      And as the man of the blue feather fame said, it could all be wrong
      anyway.

      Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts here!
      Robin

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep
      Chatterjee" <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      perspective. I