Re: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

  • Sandeep Chatterjee
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004

      Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:41 AM
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

      Yes, Yes enough.

      Neti, Neti.  Thats all that needs to be said.

      On the contrary, nothing needs to be said.

      And yet saying may happen.

        I said constructive
      critisisms.

      :-)

       Why talk on this web board if all your going to do is
      coin new terms for neti, neti?

      The old terms were getting to be very boring.

      I am no Avatar.  I have devotion, as in awareness of perspective.  I
      have Gnani as not to be fooled by perspective.  I have prarabdha
      which continues the perspective.  And I have the Lila to run out my
      prarabdha.

      If you say so.

      I...  yes yes, I know.  Neti, Neti...

      Are you an Avatar?

      Yes

      Is there no perspective.

      That there is a presence of a perspective,..... is a perspective.

      That there is an absence of perspectives,.... is a perspective.

        Am I talking to the
      living pure expression of God, the Christ, the Buddha?

      Yes

        Maybe like
      Ramakrishna You stay in Bhavamukha and retain an ego to travel the
      relative to absolute perspective planes and beyond to non-dual.

      Travel is possible only if this is located apart or separate to that.

      Relative and the absolute is like the waking and sleeping of a horse.

      The horse is standing while awake, the same horse remains standing while asleep.

      The waking and the sleeping and the intra-alteration of either states,

      do not affect the essential nature of the standing posture.

      The relative prespective and the absolute perspective,

      the planes of duality and the planes of non-duality, ......

      ......snortings of that standing horse.

      What is an Avatar?

      What is not an Avatar?

      Namaste
      Om Namah Shivaya

      Twameva Karta, Twameva Bhokta

      Twameva Shrota, Tawameva Vakta

    • mizrob
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
        ok :) First of all - HI - I'm new here, and I'll be the absolute
        first person to say that 1. I'm not an expert .. and 2. maybe I am
        but I just don't know it.

        I plead ignorance to the terminology.. neti? avatar? Heck if I
        know. Expert on meditation? Noooo.. but I try and do the best that I
        can, and sometimes I can 'sink' into it (for lack of a better word)
        and othertimes 'stilling the mind' is a joke. Perhaps it was just
        meant to be that way at the time because I still have new learning
        and experiences to have.

        I just enjoy the way that we all have different experiences to share,
        talk about - and sometimes (forgive me here) it can be overwhelming
        or drowning to others in verbal .. descriptives? shall I say? I'm a
        really REALLY big fan of making it simple so that everyone can
        understand and relate. What we all believe is different and yet the
        same. Are we all of one - IAM - global consciousness? I believe
        so. I also believe that we each have chosen for ourselves a 'path'
        to follow, and take it's twists and turns based on the choices we
        make in our life. Yes... perhaps complete consciousness.. thought or
        the absense of thought may be the 'goal', and that is ok. Here's a
        thought - if the 'goal' is at the moment to not have thought,
        perceptions and so on and to just BE/exist - well.. why are we here
        then? (I'm not talking about being or living in the moment, that's a
        different train of thought) We didn't have to take physical form to
        do that, since we were already that before coming here physically.
        What if we came here to have experiences that we couldn't have in
        pure thought/energy form? Sometimes the physical form does have it's
        purposes from the ability to feel the warmth of the sun on our skin,
        to hug another, to feel the emotions, wading in the water, even
        making love. I'm not saying that things can't be ... experienced?
        known? in energy form but we can't physically touch a thought.

        Maybe we're here to have the experiences, to share with others, to
        teach, to remember - I don't know! As I said I am no expert (but
        maybe I am and I just don't know it, but half the fun might be
        finding out!) Maybe we're here to just have fun? None of this is
        wrong really.. lol even if we get caught up in the drama of things
        (and I'm just as guilty as charged of that as are others..)

        But.. :) what I wrote could be really meaninful, or complete
        blather. It doesn't matter, it's up to the person (perceiver, reader
        whatever..) to decide for themselves if it is or isn't.

        PS. I really liked the monk and the boat/stream/waves analogy.
        Thanks for sharing...

        And as the man of the blue feather fame said, it could all be wrong
        anyway.

        Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts here!
        Robin

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep