Re: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

  • jasonjamesmorgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Yes, Yes enough.

      Neti, Neti. Thats all that needs to be said. I said constructive
      critisisms. Why talk on this web board if all your going to do is
      coin new terms for neti, neti?

      I am no Avatar. I have devotion, as in awareness of perspective. I
      have Gnani as not to be fooled by perspective. I have prarabdha
      which continues the perspective. And I have the Lila to run out my
      prarabdha.

      I... yes yes, I know. Neti, Neti...

      Are you an Avatar? Is there no perspective. Am I talking to the
      living pure expression of God, the Christ, the Buddha? Maybe like
      Ramakrishna You stay in Bhavamukha and retain an ego to travel the
      relative to absolute perspective planes and beyond to non-dual.

      What is an Avatar?

      Namaste
      Om Namah Shivaya
      Jason James Morgan

      -- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep
      Chatterjee" <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Jason,

      critic, ........whether constructively or other wise?

      > If what is happening is in completion, .......who would be left, to
      want anything, .........either criticism or accolades?

      > The One, The Absolute, Atman, Siva, the Self, the Christ, the
      Buddha,
      > Allah, God, Brahman, Vishnu, I-I, Jehovah / I AM THAT I AM, etc,
      > etc, are synonymous.
      >
      > ...are conceptual terms.
      >

      > Moksha or liberation is the Self.
      >
      > Non - dual knowledge is the Self.
      >

      > When there is nothing which is not-Self,.....
      >
      > ........is there anything like Self, either?
      >

      > Samadhi means absence of thoughts.
      >

      > Samadhi is a thought.
      >
      > Absence of thoughts is a thought.
      >
      > The absence of the presence of thought and the absence of the
      absence of the presence of thought.......

      > What is the true nature of mind? Thought.
      >
      > hat is the true nature of thought? I.
      >

      > Who am I?
      > I am Jason.
      > I am.
      > I.
      >
      > Hold the I to the exclusion of all other thoughts. Then drop the I.
      > Without the I, or relative perspective, there is no thought. There
      > is no mind. Without mind the Self glows. Drop the I.
      >

      > For whom is the "I" an issue, .......such that dropping it,.......
      is an invested objective?

      > Who has picked up the "I" such that it believes that dropping
      the "pick-up", is a desirable possibility?

      > In the non-dual state, there is no concentration. Effort is
      > sometimes needed to get to the effortless state.
      >

      > Effort connotes a distinctive, separated individual entity or self.
      >
      > Which belives it is itself which is efforting,... to move from A to
      B, or become Z from being X presently.

      > Movement may well be occuring.
      >
      > In myriad forms, shapes and hues.
      >
      > Producing in turn, a myriad of effects.
      >
      > A tremendous display of energy-in-movement, may well be the case in
      the moment.

      > However in all this hoopla, is there a distinctive, separated
      individual entity or self, involved?

      > Or in charge?
      >
      > Thus,is there anything like a state of personal volitional effort?
      >
      > Or the effortless state.
      >

      > <SNIP>
      >

      > It is now lila, the divine play of the Holy Mother.
      >

      > "It is now lila, the divine play of the Holy Mother" suggests a
      time/state when it was not.

      > In this moment now, ................is the past anything more
      than ....... a figment of memory......... and the future......
      anything more than figment of imagination?

      > The past made up of mnemonic impressions of events, some of which
      are held to be achievements, among which some are held to be grand
      successes, some to be grandiose failures,...

      > ....where does that entirety of the past exist,....... RIGHT NOW ?
      >
      > The future, made up of projections, goals, objectives, spiritual or
      otherwise, where does the entirety of the future, exist,........
      RIGHT NOW ?

      > This happened to me, .....infers the "me", isn't it?
      >
      > This should happen for/to me, .....infers the "me", isn't it?
      >

      > Even this moment now, in the very attempt to cognize it, to
      capture it, to think about it..............it is already in the past.

      > You,........ whatever be the prevailing assumption about your
      existence, ....

      > .....can you ever meet the moment now?
      >
      > You, .........whatever be the prevailing assumption about your
      existence, ......

      > ... can you ever exist in the moment now?
      >

      > And thus, just like the entirety of the past,.......
      >
      > ....just like the entirety of the imagined future,....
      >
      > ...the moment now, ...........is it any more than conceptual puff?
      >

      > :-)
    • Sandeep Chatterjee
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004

        Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:41 AM
        Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

        Yes, Yes enough.

        Neti, Neti.  Thats all that needs to be said.

        On the contrary, nothing needs to be said.

        And yet saying may happen.

          I said constructive
        critisisms.

        :-)

         Why talk on this web board if all your going to do is
        coin new terms for neti, neti?

        The old terms were getting to be very boring.

        I am no Avatar.  I have devotion, as in awareness of perspective.  I
        have Gnani as not to be fooled by perspective.  I have prarabdha
        which continues the perspective.  And I have the Lila to run out my
        prarabdha.

        If you say so.

        I...  yes yes, I know.  Neti, Neti...

        Are you an Avatar?

        Yes

        Is there no perspective.

        That there is a presence of a perspective,..... is a perspective.

        That there is an absence of perspectives,.... is a perspective.

          Am I talking to the
        living pure expression of God, the Christ, the Buddha?

        Yes

          Maybe like
        Ramakrishna You stay in Bhavamukha and retain an ego to travel the
        relative to absolute perspective planes and beyond to non-dual.

        Travel is possible only if this is located apart or separate to that.

        Relative and the absolute is like the waking and sleeping of a horse.

        The horse is standing while awake, the same horse remains standing while asleep.

        The waking and the sleeping and the intra-alteration of either states,

        do not affect the essential nature of the standing posture.

        The relative prespective and the absolute perspective,

        the planes of duality and the planes of non-duality, ......

        ......snortings of that standing horse.

        What is an Avatar?

        What is not an Avatar?

        Namaste
        Om Namah Shivaya

        Twameva Karta, Twameva Bhokta

        Twameva Shrota, Tawameva Vakta

      • mizrob
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
          ok :) First of all - HI - I'm new here, and I'll be the absolute
          first person to say that 1. I'm not an expert .. and 2. maybe I am
          but I just don't know it.

          I plead ignorance to the terminology.. neti? avatar? Heck if I
          know. Expert on meditation? Noooo.. but I try and do the best that I
          can, and sometimes I can 'sink' into it (for lack of a better word)
          and othertimes 'stilling the mind' is a joke. Perhaps it was just
          meant to be that way at the time because I still have new learning
          and experiences to have.

          I just enjoy the way that we all have different experiences to share,
          talk about - and sometimes (forgive me here) it can be overwhelming
          or drowning to others in verbal .. descriptives? shall I say? I'm a
          really REALLY big fan of making it simple so that everyone can
          understand and relate. What we all believe is different and yet the
          same. Are we all of one - IAM - global consciousness? I believe
          so. I also believe that we each have chosen for ourselves a 'path'
          to follow, and take it's twists and turns based on the choices we
          make in our life. Yes... perhaps complete consciousness.. thought or
          the absense of thought may be the 'goal', and that is ok. Here's a
          thought - if the 'goal' is at the moment to not have thought,
          perceptions and so on and to just BE/exist - well.. why are we here
          then? (I'm not talking about being or living in the moment, that's a
          different train of thought) We didn't have to take physical form to
          do that, since we were already that before coming here physically.
          What if we came here to have experiences that we couldn't have in
          pure thought/energy form? Sometimes the physical form does have it's
          purposes from the ability to feel the warmth of the sun on our skin,
          to hug another, to feel the emotions, wading in the water, even
          making love. I'm not saying that things can't be ... experienced?
          known? in energy form but we can't physically touch a thought.

          Maybe we're here to have the experiences, to share with others, to
          teach, to remember - I don't know! As I said I am no expert (but
          maybe I am and I just don't know it, but half the fun might be
          finding out!) Maybe we're here to just have fun? None of this is
          wrong really.. lol even if we get caught up in the drama of things
          (and I'm just as guilty as charged of that as are others..)

          But.. :) what I wrote could be really meaninful, or complete
          blather. It doesn't matter, it's up to the person (perceiver, reader
          whatever..) to decide for themselves if it is or isn't.

          PS. I really liked the monk and the boat/stream/waves analogy.
          Thanks for sharing...

          And as the man of the blue feather fame said, it could all be wrong
          anyway.

          Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts here!
          Robin