My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

  • jasonjamesmorgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2004
      The One, The Absolute, Atman, Siva, the Self, the Christ, the Buddha,
      Allah, God, Brahman, Vishnu, I-I, Jehovah / I AM THAT I AM, etc,
      etc, are synonymous.

      Moksha or liberation is the Self.

      Non – dual knowledge is the Self.

      Samadhi means absence of thoughts

      What is the true nature of mind? Thought.

      hat is the true nature of thought? I.

      Who am I?
      I am Jason…
      I am…

      Hold the I to the exclusion of all other thoughts. Then drop the I.
      Without the I, or relative perspective, there is no thought. There
      is no mind. Without mind the Self glows. Drop the I.

      In the non-dual state, there is no concentration. Effort is
      sometimes needed to get to the effortless state.

      1. THE GURU

      In this case resonance is at work. The resonating silence of the
      Guru, resonates the mind of the receptive person into silence. The
      kundulini also resonates. The devotee is a factor here, for his
      kundulini advancement.

      Being in the presence of the Guru, is what is called "the grace of a
      Guru".

      Thus the receptive person can experience Samadhi. But for most it is
      temporary realization. Because of vasanas, or mental
      predispositions, the mind will continue to inhibit realization while
      not in the presence of a Guru.

      For some the vasanas are so slight, that realization is like setting
      a match to gasoline. For others weeks, months, or years are
      necessary. Very few are blessed with the presence of a guru for more
      than a few hours. Hence we move on to number two on our list, breath
      control.

      2. BREATH CONTROL
      Breath control once properly used, can forcibly still the mind. The
      realization of Self, Samadhi, can be enjoyed for short periods.

      Ten to twenty minutes of breath control will still the mind, and then
      the Self glows.

      A breathing exercise method is here given.

      First week.

      Inhale breath in a 6 count, hold for 3, exhale for 6, hold for 3.

      This count can be changed to suit lung capacity. The hold is always
      half of the inhale/exhale.

      For the first week you wish to set up a rhythm. Count in your head
      during the exercise.

      Your concentration here is solely on the count.

      No more than twenty minutes a day is advisable or you could
      experience over stimulization and its effects. This depends on each
      persons capacity. Over time, length of meditation can be extended.
      Each is his own best judge when it comes to walking this line.

      Second week.

      The breath is the same. This is called rhythmic breathing. Over
      time your lung capacity might get bigger, and your count should
      reflect it.

      Your concentration is now on what is called kundulini.

      During inhale, the prana (universal energy), is sucked into the solar
      plexus, (and sucked in directly to the base from surroundings).
      During hold it is sent down the spine into the base of your spine.
      During exhale it is sent up the spine to top of head and the excess
      energy dissipates in between the eyebrows. During the hold the last
      of the energy is sent up and the mind is refocused on the solar
      plexus.

      You no longer count, the breath must be automatic, and still rhythmic.

      Your concentration is on the energy flow. Your concentration should
      be on the feeling that this energy displays on the body. Visualizing
      the energy flow is an aid to feeling it. Over time your awareness of
      this energy is heightened and the capacity of energy is heightened.

      Third week.

      You must now do the rhythmic breath, while holding your
      consciousness, or point of awareness in between the ears, above the
      eyes. This is a seat, and easy to sit in as the eyes are a point of
      reference. Hold the awareness here in all meditation. When non-dual
      realization happens the body and mind are gone, the perception, and
      point of reference go too.

      Fourth week.

      During the holding of breath, start to increase the count time to fit
      your comfort zone. This is used as a brake. Sometimes called
      kumbakha, or absolute retention. During Nirvikalpa samadhi,
      breathing and heart beat stop. Kumbakha means absolute retention, or
      basically the results of said action.

      Holding the breath will momentarily stop all mental activity. This
      is good for any thoughts that will not cease apon meditation. Like
      pumping a car brake to stop a moving car.

      The count of the inhale and exhale remains the same.

      Holding the breath like this should not be done all the time. You
      will have to walk this line carefully, just as in the amount of time
      doing the kundulini raising. Watch the body, and the effects these
      meditations place on it. If you break a sweat while doing it, no
      problem. If you break out in hives, or get headaches, maybe you
      should only do 30 minutes tomorrow instead of an hour.

      After a while the rhythm will set itself, and you will only be
      concerned with the kundulini and thoughts.

      Find any book, figure out the spots of the 7 chakras. Savikalpa
      samadhi represents the third eye. Nirvikalpa Samadhi represents the
      crown. Send the energy up from the base.

      Hit each chakra on the way up, then like water it will hit the crown
      and any energy that does not get thru is sent out the forehead.

      This is the basic breathing exercise.

      This breathing exercise is only and aid to render the mind
      quiescent. After the twenty minutes of breathing, the mind is held
      steady and then your Self can glow.

      It is easy drop the mind after stilling it.

      3. DEVOTION

      Devotion in its purest sense is the relation of the devotee and the
      deity. The deity being subject to suite the character of the devotee.

      A devotee could vary from son/daughter , brother/sister, friend,
      lover, father/mother, etc.

      The Holy Mother.

      The Holy Mother represents God with form, dual.
      The Holy Father represents God without form, non-dual.
      Both are all in all, one, but for the sake of the devotee, separate.

      The Holy Mother is taken as the female aspect, and represents
      everything, including the body and mind of the devotee. The devotee
      is son/daughter of the Holy Mother who is everything, i.e. birth and
      death, light and dark, mercy and vengeance, hot and cold. On a
      thermometer, where does hot end and cold begin? It is all a matter
      of degree, all one and the same.

      It is taken by analogy of "as above, so below" that The Holy Mother
      creates the universe with her mind. Just as we can use nothing but
      mind to create in dream or imagination.

      Mind into, energy into matter. All one and the same thing, as matter
      is not really matter, but energy condensed into a slow vibration.
      And energy just whirlpools of mind. Just like a thermometer, just a
      matter of degree.

      The Holy Mother takes on a personal relationship of mother, and thus
      the son/daughter takes on a corresponding relationship. Everything
      is surrendered to the will of the Holy Mother.

      The devotee is of course the Holy Father, as its true nature. The
      body and mind of The Holy Father, is subject to the Holy Mother, and
      thus you have the attitude.

      This attitude is good for bramachary. As one sees the Holy Mother in
      all the opposite sex, lust is destroyed. It is to be noted that the
      kundulini is not so much a cause, more than it is a description of
      the mind/body being dropped for non-dual realization. As this
      kundulini is tangible, the devotee can manipulate it. Speed it up.
      Saving energy depletion, diverting a stream, etc.

      Seeing the Holy Mother in all things, means the devotee cannot harm
      anything. Who could hit their mother? The devotee realizes that you
      cannot bite, but you may hiss.

      The devotee realizes that it is prarabdha, which propels lila.

      You cannot claim to love one part of the Holy Mother, and hate
      another. It is all the Holy Mother.

      You cannot claim to be responsible for one part of the Holy Mother,
      and at the mercy of some other part of the Holy Mother. It is all
      the Holy Mother.

      You cannot claim to enjoy one part over another part, it is all the
      Holy Mother.

      You cannot claim to be one part of the Holy mother, and not be
      another part of the Holy Mother. It is all the Holy Mother.

      Karma does not incur to the devotee, for as the Holy Father, no karma
      incurs, the lila of the Holy Mother runs its course.

      Benefits of this relationship are beyond the beliefs of some. One
      talks to, behaves with the deity just as one who is convicted should.

      In its lesser degree, a devotee should be told to worship their image
      of the deity, as if it was the actual manifestation of the deity.
      This will grow into the realization that the deity manifest as all of
      creation. This will lead to qualified non-dualism, and onto non-
      dualism.

      The Sage who goes this course, will have the same relation of the
      devotee to the Holy Mother, after realization, just as before. The
      mind/body of the devotee are not "his" they are part and parcel of
      the Holy Mother. It is now lila, the divine play of the Holy Mother.

      Jason James Morgan.