Feel Gratitude and only that

  • rajeevi0416
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      All the words in this section are as spoken by Swamiji. Reading them
      carefully and trying to understand them deeply will bring about a
      radical change within us. When we transform inside, the outside
      transforms automatically.
      Feel Gratitude and only that.

      Man is born out of Divine Energy. Man is made up of 5 major elements,
      namely Earth (Prithvi), Water (Jala), Fire (Agni), Air (Vayu) and
      Ether (Akasha). Man emerges from these 5 elements, lives in these
      elements and goes back to them – the original source. Cosmos or
      Existence or Prapanja is made up of these 5 elements. All the 5
      elements are different forms of the same Energy called God or Self or
      Atman. Muslims call it Allah, Hindus call it Brahman, Christians call
      it God and so on. If we consciously feel a sense of continued
      gratitude towards this Cosmic Energy, we will be able to feel
      ourselves being taken care of in its very lap. We will feel ourselves
      being cradled by this Energy, like a child is by the Mother.

      Our prayer should be one of heart-felt gratitude and nothing else.
      Life itself is a gift to us from God. Did we work for God day and
      night and earn this Life? No! We tell God that we want a diamond
      ring, but don't thank him for giving us a finger to wear it. While
      asking, we ask in a very detailed fashion, but while thanking, we
      thank very superfluously. We always feel that something that we don't
      have is as big as a mountain without which we cannot survive, but
      when we actually get it, somehow it becomes too small a thing to
      thank God for. We simply take it for granted. After every gift that
      we receive, the mind says `What next?' We have no faith in or
      gratitude towards the Cosmic Energy that is actually taking care of
      us every minute.

      We need to adopt a life of nothing but gratitude. Thanking God does
      not mean visualizing empty space and thanking it in a jiffy! You need
      to start from thanking the people who built the hospital in which you
      were delivered from your mother's womb! People, plants and animals
      are all a part of God or Cosmos. If you feel only gratitude, there
      will be only happiness in your life. When there is true happiness in
      your life, good fortune will prevail. True Happiness or Ananda has
      the property of attracting good fortune.

      My love and blessings to you to reach the state of Nithyananda
      (Eternal Bliss)!

      If you need more info on swamiji and his USA visit please contact me
      at rajeevi0416@...

      www.dhyanapeetam.org
      www,swamisworld.com