Journal Entry- Eve, November 6

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
      Date: November 6, 2002
      Time: 8:10am
      Duration: 45 minutes (open)
      Position: Sitting cross-legged on the bed, hands resting on lap, eyes
      closed
      Technique: Body and breath awareness; chanted OM silently

      My concentration was medium to high today and so was mind chatter. I
      was able to stay focused for most of the time. I noticed a lot of
      tension in different parts of body. It wasn't painful, just tense. I
      didn't really explore it, just noted it. I closed the door so my cats
      couldn't come in and bother me, but somehow they figured out how to
      open the door. This made me laugh out loud several times, although I
      did not open my eyes or take my focus off my breathing.
      When I was starting to think that it was time to end my session, I
      asked myself "how to you know it's time to end?" The answers that
      came were that I've been sitting for a while and I have things to do
      today, my legs are starting to hurt form sitting in this position,
      and I am getting impatient. Impatient for what? I sat for a couple
      more minutes then ended my session. Incidentally, my session was
      longer than usual today. Felt relaxed and awake afterwards.
    • José Perez
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., eveneon <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > didn't really explore it, just noted it. I closed the door so my
        cats
        > couldn't come in and bother me, but somehow they figured out how
        > open the door. This made me laugh out loud several times, although
        > did not open my eyes or take my focus off my breathing.

        Hello all.

        Yes, my cats are quite a problem sometimes. I make sure they're
        outside and the catdoor locked but they keep "knocking" on it with
        their paws and creating a big racket. Between them and other noises
        that I can't prevent, I have to meditate with music and other
        soothing noises (i.e. fans...) going on. Sometimes they work, but
        if the cats get too roudy then I have to give up.