The Enneagram - Symbol of All and Everything

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      From an email we received from Gilgamesh Publishing announcing a new
      book for those into or interested in Gurdjieff:

      What the Enneagram Is and Is Not

      The Enneagram is a diagram for the cooperative functioning of
      the two fundamental cosmic laws, the Law of Three and the Law of
      Seven, so structuring the Overall Universal Law.
      The Enneagram is not a list of personality types.
      The Enneagram is a sacred, very powerful symbol, brought to us
      by Gurdjieff himself, and by no other. It is not a Sufi symbol.
      If not correctly used, the enneagram can be harmful, due to
      its high power of transformation. This is why Gurdjieff left it only
      in the sphere of oral teaching.
      From this we conclude that the Enneagram is not to be used
      superficially, without knowledge of the laws.
      According to Gurdjieff's Five Being-obligolnian-strivings
      (Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson, p. 386), only the last striving is
      concerned with helping others.
      Do no try to help other when you do not Know. Either you know
      and do things in the right way, or just do nothing, and live your life
      the way you can.
      This is the point of view of this book.

      The Enneagram - Symbol of All and Everything