Why am I not getting anywhere?

  • Swami Tarakananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Some people, after long practice of meditation, begin to ask the
      question, "why am I not getting the desired results from my
      meditation?" It can be for many reasons: the wrong meditation method,
      the right method, but the incorrect practice. In some cases the problem
      is not laying the correct foundations for getting the desired results.

      If a person wants to fill a bucket with water, he will get poor results
      if the bucket is full of holes. They will have to patch the holes
      first. What causes the holes? How are the holes patched?

      For those who find themselves asking these questions, I highly
      recommend the article, "Foundations of Yoga" at
      http://www.atmajyoti.org/med_foundations_of_yoga.asp

      The treatment of the answers to these questions is both thorough and
      practical.

      Swami Tarakananda

      tarakananda@...
      www.atmajyoti.org