Starting Over

  • Tony Osime
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I am slowly restarting my mediation routine after over a year's
      suspension.

      What I find interesting is that I now appreciate that you don't really
      need techniques or devices. I am simply "enjoying" the meditation
      without thinking about it. "Enjoying" in a peaceful sense of awareness
      or realization rather than a thinking sense of happiness or joy.

      I also appreciate that "meditation" is a continuous thing - it is going
      on in us 24 hours a day. All that changes is our level of awareness that
      it is "there" so to speak. In other words, the meditative state is
      constant but our living from that state varies.

      Cheers...Tony
    • Thomas R. Strauman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2004
        If you are really good, you realize that about meditation.  But I am not that good.  Someday.

        Tom
      • Tony Osime
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2004
          ___________________

          Message: 3
          Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:07:19 -0500
          From: "Thomas R. Strauman" <tomstro@...>
          Subject: RE: Starting Over

          If you are really good, you realize that about meditation. But I am not
          that good. Someday.

          Tom
          ---------------------------

          Hi Tom,

          My sense is that "thinking" you are good or not good is outside the
          meditative state and only serves to keep you locked outside the state.
          If you ever "think" that you are or are not doing it right, you will
          remain chained to your thoughts and not progress in a deeper way.

          My sense is that we should just relax and let our inner selves surface.

          ...Tony
        • Bob Hart
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2004
            Hi Group, Whenenever I find myself saying I doing it right I just say thinking thinking and go bad to my meditation. It is just another distraction.  Namaste, Bob Hart
          • Thomas R. Strauman
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2004
              There you go.  Haha.

              Tom S.