Re: Spirits, Demons, entities while Meditating

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24 8:04 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "wisslewj"
      <wisslewj@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Meditation Society members,
      > I have a few quick questions for you if you have the time. First
      > off, I thank you for all the free info. It is quite handy. :)
      > Just a quick blurb about me: (without a religious debate lol) I am a
      > christian that has found church (not christianity) lacking. In other
      > words I believe most churches have become modern day pharisees. They
      > follow a bunch of rules with stoic resolve but have no real spiritual
      > (experiential and closeness) side with god. They also have no
      > ability to simply see TRUTH wherever it may be. If it lies outside
      > their preconceived notions of god then it is of satan. (the "flat
      > earth" is a great example of this ignorance) Anyway that said, I do
      > believe that Jesus is what the bible says he was. But I believe that
      > because it was one of the few "revealed" experiences I have had with
      > god. In general god feels far away most of the time, even though I
      > know he isnt. Thats where you come in. :)
      > I have thoroughly studied the marvals of the brain, most of the
      > religions of the world, and practices such as meditation, kundalini,
      > astral travel, lucid dreaming, miracle healing etc etc. you name it.
      > (I am a knowledge devourer by nauture but knowledge ISNT wisdom...as
      > I am sure you all know) I believe that all this "mystical" stuff
      > isnt really evil as many christians maintain but more that it is
      > neutral in respect---tools persay. (in fact, to the neutral observer,
      > christianity looks no different than the occult--- god, spirit in us,
      > miracles etc) Most of these "tools" can be documented by science to
      > exist and to be beneficial on our bodies---though science doesnt
      > understand the HOW in alot of it. (for example the theta waves
      > produced in deep meditation have been shown to be extremely
      > beneficial to the healing and energizing of the human body)The brain
      > is an awesome thing!! That said it would seem god has given us
      > humans the biological or intrinsic abillity to reach higher states of
      > consiousness etc. WHY would he allow this if we were not to use it?
      > Hence my reason for saying I feel it is neutral and can be used
      > to "see" clearer. (just like sex can be good/evil or prayer even)
      > OK. So here is my question. (I ramble a bit lol) All of the
      > practicionars of these things tote the benefits to meditation, astral
      > travel, kundalini, lucid dreaming etc. BUT, most also speak of
      > potential "dangers". Now without being religous specific the issues
      > range about encountering evil---satan, demons, "low level" spirits,
      > disembodied entities, elementals, etc.....whatever you wanna call
      > them is irrelevent to me. My point is that there seems to be a
      > general warning that as you enter the spiritual realms you WILL
      > encounter this stuff. Is this true? I have read reports of
      > paranormal activity occuring in regular life, being tormented
      > by "demons", you name it. My question is, what is the reality of
      > this? The possibility? I seek god with my whole heart and soul and
> [...]

      Yo Jeff,
      First of all, welcome, and thanks for posting this interesting and
      thought provoking letter. But maybe that's exactly what the "problem"
      is. Perhaps we should be stilling and silently witnessing the
      thoughts, not provoking them. To many, it's not fashionable or PC
      these days to say that effort is "good", but I think that for the
      great majority of those who have found what you and we all seek,
      effort 'pre-seeded' the effortless effort. And meditation is a great
      seed planting device. BTW, much of this was just pointed to in an
      excellent post by another non-church saluting Christian, PapaJeff...
      Now, as to worrying about scary higher realms, demons, evils, and
      other "potential dangers", how can anything possibly top the physical
      world we seem to be living in? When we are stuck with nothing but
      reactivity to our inner and outer environment only with our limited 5
      senses, and our everwavering emotions and chattering mind, can we ever
      not be afraid? So, I answer your question with a firm YES!...These
      "things are real". And here's where meditation/self inquiry/spiritual
      practice comes in. These are the tools by which we, as the Army says,
      become all we can be. And with meditation as our tool and effort,
      slowly and suddenly we gain the ability to act, and not just react.
      And the first and only action is simply paying attention. And by
      Grace, with perfect attention, we see that we have always been, and
      are, and always will be the "holy, godly, and pure individual" we have
      been seeking to be. And ... we live happily ever after.