RE: [Meditation Society of America] From E mail - Help Needed

  • Thomas R. Strauman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
      Meditation takes practice.

      But when a memory arises, try just identifying it.... "This is a memory"... and let it go.  Memories and thoughts arise all the time.  Try not to let them take over your thinking.

      TS
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
        Meditation can, and has for many
        people, taken the "sting" our of bad
        memories. The mind will not let
        us entirely forget bad memories,
        but the meditative state enables
        us to quiet the internal chatter
        that keeps recalling the bad
        memories.

        As we experience the calm, restful
        state of meditation, we begin to
        accept the memories, and spend
        less time "wrestling with reality".

        If the bad memories involve guilt
        or shame or your part, then you
        might find a spiritual model that
        will take you to deep meditation.

        The experience of deep meditation
        can bring "forgiveness" and a sense
        of restoration to wholeness. Then
        the bad memories are seen as
        truly in the past, and not a part of
        who we are in the "now". And life
        will once again seem worthwhile
        and become an enjoyable gift
        - even blissful.

        Respond privately if you like.

        Jeff

        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > I've gone through your web site , it is very helpful
        >
        > but I'm looking for one thing
        >
        > I've some bad memories in my mind , how can I take them off
        my mind.
        > Please help me in this . these memories are misarable for me
        , I'm
        > looking for some one who could help me to throw this bad
        memories from
        > my mind and save my life
        >

        > regards
        > RK
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
          --- "Thomas R. Strauman" <tomstro@c...> wrote:
          > Meditation takes practice.
          >
          > But when a memory arises, try just
          > identifying it.... "This is a memory"...
          > and let it go. Memories and thoughts
          > arise all the time. Try not to let
          > them take over your thinking.
          >
          > TS

          In other words, it's fine to watch the birds fly by,
          but don't let them build nests in your hair.

          :) Nina
        • Thomas R. Strauman
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
            haha... that is great.  Yes, that captures the essence of it.

            Tom