Re: [Meditation Society of America] From E mail - Help Needed

  • Bob Hart
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2004
      RK Have you tried Meditation? When you meditate your mind will not have the opportunity to think of the bad memories. Namaste Bob
    • Thomas R. Strauman
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
        Meditation takes practice.

        But when a memory arises, try just identifying it.... "This is a memory"... and let it go.  Memories and thoughts arise all the time.  Try not to let them take over your thinking.

        TS
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
          Meditation can, and has for many
          people, taken the "sting" our of bad
          memories. The mind will not let
          us entirely forget bad memories,
          but the meditative state enables
          us to quiet the internal chatter
          that keeps recalling the bad
          memories.

          As we experience the calm, restful
          state of meditation, we begin to
          accept the memories, and spend
          less time "wrestling with reality".

          If the bad memories involve guilt
          or shame or your part, then you
          might find a spiritual model that
          will take you to deep meditation.

          The experience of deep meditation
          can bring "forgiveness" and a sense
          of restoration to wholeness. Then
          the bad memories are seen as
          truly in the past, and not a part of
          who we are in the "now". And life
          will once again seem worthwhile
          and become an enjoyable gift
          - even blissful.

          Respond privately if you like.

          Jeff

          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > I've gone through your web site , it is very helpful
          >
          > but I'm looking for one thing
          >
          > I've some bad memories in my mind , how can I take them off
          my mind.
          > Please help me in this . these memories are misarable for me
          , I'm
          > looking for some one who could help me to throw this bad
          memories from
          > my mind and save my life
          >

          > regards
          > RK
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
            --- "Thomas R. Strauman" <tomstro@c...> wrote:
            > Meditation takes practice.
            >
            > But when a memory arises, try just
            > identifying it.... "This is a memory"...
            > and let it go. Memories and thoughts
            > arise all the time. Try not to let
            > them take over your thinking.
            >
            > TS

            In other words, it's fine to watch the birds fly by,
            but don't let them build nests in your hair.

            :) Nina
          • Thomas R. Strauman
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
              haha... that is great.  Yes, that captures the essence of it.

              Tom