From E mail - Help Needed

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2004
      I've gone through your web site , it is very helpful

      but I'm looking for one thing

      I've some bad memories in my mind , how can I take them off my mind.
      Please help me in this . these memories are misarable for me , I'm
      looking for some one who could help me to throw this bad memories from
      my mind and save my life

      regards
      RK
    • Bob Hart
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2004
        RK Have you tried Meditation? When you meditate your mind will not have the opportunity to think of the bad memories. Namaste Bob
      • Thomas R. Strauman
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
          Meditation takes practice.

          But when a memory arises, try just identifying it.... "This is a memory"... and let it go.  Memories and thoughts arise all the time.  Try not to let them take over your thinking.

          TS
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
            Meditation can, and has for many
            people, taken the "sting" our of bad
            memories. The mind will not let
            us entirely forget bad memories,
            but the meditative state enables
            us to quiet the internal chatter
            that keeps recalling the bad
            memories.

            As we experience the calm, restful
            state of meditation, we begin to
            accept the memories, and spend
            less time "wrestling with reality".

            If the bad memories involve guilt
            or shame or your part, then you
            might find a spiritual model that
            will take you to deep meditation.

            The experience of deep meditation
            can bring "forgiveness" and a sense
            of restoration to wholeness. Then
            the bad memories are seen as
            truly in the past, and not a part of
            who we are in the "now". And life
            will once again seem worthwhile
            and become an enjoyable gift
            - even blissful.

            Respond privately if you like.

            Jeff

            medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > I've gone through your web site , it is very helpful
            >
            > but I'm looking for one thing
            >
            > I've some bad memories in my mind , how can I take them off
            my mind.
            > Please help me in this . these memories are misarable for me
            , I'm
            > looking for some one who could help me to throw this bad
            memories from
            > my mind and save my life
            >

            > regards
            > RK
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
              --- "Thomas R. Strauman" <tomstro@c...> wrote:
              > Meditation takes practice.
              >
              > But when a memory arises, try just
              > identifying it.... "This is a memory"...
              > and let it go. Memories and thoughts
              > arise all the time. Try not to let
              > them take over your thinking.
              >
              > TS

              In other words, it's fine to watch the birds fly by,
              but don't let them build nests in your hair.

              :) Nina
            • Thomas R. Strauman
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
                haha... that is great.  Yes, that captures the essence of it.

                Tom