Re: Intro

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, cindy e
      <butterfly10954@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone! I am new here and have been meditating on and off for
      a few years. I am trying to redevelop my practice. I am a little
      confused with all the different types of meditation, and am trying to
      decide which one is right for me.
      > I had been taught to focus on my breathing, which works quite well
      for me. But I am also interested in other types of meditation, such as
      mantra meditation, etc.
      > Hope to share and learn from you all!
      > Namaste, Cindy

      Welcome Cindy,
      The mantra most practiced is OM. In issue #8 of our newsletter, The
      Inner Traveler, we had the great blessing of using some of the best OM
      illustrations ever done, in conjunction with an article about OM. They
      are the artwork of Daniel Holeman, who is clearly divinely gifted, and
      is compassionate and gracious enough to be willing to share the
      products of his (he)art-work with us. And gazing at OM, or any other
      holy symbol, is one of the oldest meditation methods. Here is the URL
      for that issue...
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it81019/index.html
      It is about 2.5MB, so will take a while to download, unless you have a
      high speed connection, but I am confident that you will find it worth
      the wait. I hope this will be of benefit and enjoyment to you.
      Peace and blessings,
      (another) Bob