Weekly Words of Wisdom of Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2004
      "There is a Guru in all of us. The external Guru and the Teachings are
      there to guide you to go within and recognize that Guru within, who is
      constantly guiding you. It's almost like a mirror showing you your
      face. The mirror doesn't have a face of its own. It simply reflects
      your face. No one has seen his or her own face. Have you ever seen
      your face? Do you know you even have a face? Have you seen it? Only in
      the mirror. In the mirror you don't see your actual face. What you see
      in the mirror is the reflection. Like that, you are the Guru but you
      have not seen it. The external Guru is there to point out the Guru
      within you.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about Swamiji:
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29 9:12 PM
        "Our problems are there because we accept and allow the problems.
        Suppose somebody says, `Hey you, stupid!' If you give meaning to that
        and you think he is calling you stupid, you get angry. Suppose you
        ignore it? It won't affect you. If you walk on the road, and a dog
        barks at you, what would you do? Turn around and bark at him? No.
        Ignore it and go on. In the same way, if any problem comes, ignore it.
        Don't allow it to affect you. It's because we allow things into our
        system that we become unhappy, or we become annoyed. Nobody can create
        problems for us if we don't allow them to.

        God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

        Subscribe for free to Weekly Words of Wisdom by sending an email to:
        wlist@...