What?

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3, 2004
      Pardon. I posted and
      then deleted to correct
      a glaring mis-type.

      Then re-posted the
      corrected post.

      Time to meditate and
      ssssllllloooooow down.
    • bhalla sandeep
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2004

        Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

        Pardon. I posted and
        then deleted to correct
        a glaring mis-type.

        Then re-posted the
        corrected post.

        Time to meditate and
        ssssllllloooooow down.

        hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will mutually gain from each other.bye for now

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 4, 2004
          Hi Sandeep -

          My meditation is a simple one.
          I rarely sit for formal meditation,
          although I did for several years.
          Now my meditation is more ongoing,
          an undercurrent of daily activity.

          The meditation I teach is to:

          On occasion simply stop and
          come into the present moment
          and present environment - just
          allow for a quiet awareness,
          without any internal dialogue
          (as much as possible).

          Then, maintaining the quiet
          awareness, notice your breathing -
          and follow the flow of inhaling
          and exhaling. Allow the quiet
          relaxation this brings to move
          you into longer and longer
          periods of silence, without
          the internal dialogue. To
          help sustain this:

          Next, "listen" internally and
          focus attention in the area
          of the heart. With each breath,
          listen for the message of
          the "mystic heart", a nonverbal
          "wisdom whisper".

          For some, this wisdom whisper
          is "heard" after only a few
          meditations, and for others it
          takes years.

          For the beginning meditator,
          I suggest a formal schedule
          and sitting for meditation in
          a prepared environment.

          For experienced meditators,
          this can be done while eyes
          are opened or closed, and
          while engaged in other activity.

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, bhalla
          sandeep <gradbm@y...> wrote:

          > Jeff B Belyea <jeff@m...> wrote:
          >
          > Pardon. I posted and
          > then deleted to correct
          > a glaring mis-type.
          >
          > Then re-posted the
          > corrected post.
          >
          > Time to meditate and
          > ssssllllloooooow down.
          >

          > hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your
          message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or
          not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will
          mutually gain from each other.bye for now

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > Get unlimited calls to
          >
          > U.S./Canada

          Service.

        • bhalla sandeep
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 4, 2004

            sandeep <gradbm@y...> wrote:

            > Jeff B Belyea <jeff@m...> wrote:
            >
            > Pardon. I posted and
            > then deleted to correct
            > a glaring mis-type.
            >
            > Then re-posted the
            > corrected post.
            >
            > Time to meditate and
            > ssssllllloooooow down.
            >

            > hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your
            message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or
            not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will
            mutually gain from each other.bye for now

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > Get unlimited calls to
            >
            > U.S./Canada

            Service.