Re: PATANJALI'S VISION OF ONENESS

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      Thanks, Bob -

      First, Namaskar to the Enlightened Eagles.

      Yes, duality was what the bite of the apple
      brought. As soon as A&E decided to eat of the
      tree of the "knowledge of good and evil", duality
      was introduced and the appearance of things,
      known as maya or illusion in some traditions,
      took precedence over what IS - only God, and
      us - all of us - within God, as individualized
      "sparks" of God's own fire - consciousness.

      Much of the rest of the Christian bible, at its
      core, is an admonition to not be deceived and
      instruction on how to get back to the garden
      of nonduality - realization of our timeless
      and inherent Oneness within God, Source,
      Spirit.

      Awareness of what IS our true identity comes
      through an awakening experience and the new
      (renewed) understanding of Enlightened
      Consciousness, Christ Consciousness,
      Buddhahood, Samadhi, Satori, Nondual
      Realization and Such. This forever ends
      the duality and sense of separation.
      We do not give up our individual "being"
      in this human form, but the illusory boundary
      between us and others, and us and God
      dissolves upon realization.

      Our words, and all the words ever written
      will not achieve this for us. Thought and
      debate will not do it. Meditation...that will do it.
      Or at least it will prepare the ground
      on which we are able to "hear" the
      still, small voice of God - from within.

      We are barraged by our own internal
      chatter and whisperings from long held
      beliefs planted by pop cultural religion
      and the socialization and coercion
      passed on from generation to generation,
      and from which few ever recover.

      It is from the Silence of meditation that
      the wisdom whisper of the mystic heart
      will be "heard" and transformation known.

      Oops. You provoked the preacher.
      Sorry, gentle reader.

      Thanks, Bob.

      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote: